Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

holy dog turds

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Today, even though i'm sure SOME people would have liked me to die, and i will not say their names.

I had a near-death experience an hour ago. My regular bus would have gotten home about an hour and 10 minutes ago. But today, a driver going 90+ smashed into the bus. no one was hurt badly. the worst injury was a cut on my friend Amanda's leg. But all is well now, they got a new bus in, so i'm home safe and sound. I just thought i'd like to share, even though you may not care..

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, ff. i'm glad you're ok.

3. Man, that really is pretty freaky when, just by some bizarre coincidence, you somehow avoid a dangerous situation. Glad no one got hurt.

4. no, the freaky thing is, if the bus had turned the corner 3 seconds later, I and many other people would be badly injured, or even dead :eek: :(.

5. Jesus Christ! It's good that you're all okay.

6. Ohhh, I see. Damn, that's frightening.

7. I can beat that!

When I was 9 (i think. it was so long ago) i had a rare blood disorder and no one knew what it was and I spent a week in hospital on my death bed until they finally found out what it was, and it turned out to be not that rare after all. Dumb ass doctors....

and when i was 16, i had just got my licence, and to cut a long story short, i was distracted, and hit a parked car at 75 kilometres pet hour and needed 24 stitches in my scalp from hitting my head on the steering wheel. i have a framed portrait of my mangled car in my room as a memory!

8. 5 string, i hardly think this is about competition...

9. Firstly, I'm outraged that this post has nothing to do with holy dog turds. :D Secondly, I'm very happy that you're ok. Even though I don't know you, it's never fun to hear about people getting hurt. Lots of guardian angels were on duty today.

-Dave

10. Im just trying to show you that your not alone in your being freaked out, thats alll!;) i know its not a nice thing to compete about. Hell, i refused to drive for 6 months after cos i was too scared!

11. bplayerofdoom

bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    R.S.M.
    dam he live. Time for plan B.

12. 90 mph ?

that's like.. uhm.. 145 kmh.. hmm.. that's about my average cruise-speed on the highway..

that gives quite a crash indeed :(

13. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    i think the mingus dew saved ya :D

[​IMG]

nah, well im glad your okay, freaky.

14. Crap. The world needs to calm down when I'm at work.

How's the guy? As in is he in the hospital? If not, are you going to send him there?:D

Rock on
    Eric

15. First, glad you are ok. Second, I hate people who think they are the kings of the road and cruise all over the place speeding all the time. When stuff like this happens, it makes it even worse. Sounds like there was an angel watching over your bus.

jtbp

16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Werid, i was at a red light yesterday, and it turned green, started to turn left on the arrow (it was a double line) and a guy was next to me
    i see him look with horror, And i jsut threw on the brakes for no reason
    guy ran the intersection a half second later
    i would have been dead.

17. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    walking is safe

cars are big machines!
    you prolly wouldnt go near these things if they didnt have shiney covers!

its good you didnt become another statistic!

stay safe stay out of the driver seat!

good thinking! busses are safer! AND better for the enviroment

imagine if you werent in a bus and in a reg. car :mad:

the bus saved your life! and the ozone....

</greenpeace-ralphnader>

18. Mine too, AllodoX - unfortunately, the speed limit here is usually 90km/h :p

--jeff

19. speed limit in USA / canada is for grannies..

20. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Out on the open highway, I agree, it is.

But in populated areas, people who speed are the worst kind of scum, IMHO.