1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holy Grail ALERT! Mesa/Boogie 8x10RR - $650

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Roa...yZ121159QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Man, oh man, oh man. This is THE cab. I played on a few of Ben Shepherd's 8x10s when I worked for Mesa, and let me tell you - I almost shook the whole factory to the ground. Even Mike Benedelli (Mesa's first employee) came to see what the fuss was about - you'd think a guy who'd been listening to Mesa amps for 30 years couldn't be impressed anymore, but he was.

If I lived in New Hampshire, I'd be all over this thing.

2. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    You couldn't give that bank vault to me for free. I ain't moving that ocean liner anchor!

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Holy crap. Why did you have to do that to me?! Just when I'm trying to move away from the heavy Boogie stuff! :eek:

4. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    $250 pounds, man. Those would turn your digits into powder if it were to fall on you.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hell, one Powerhouse Jr already managed to do that at half the weight. Damn near lost the things. That 8x10 would sever them for sure. Though it wouldn't be stacked! I can't lift that much weight.

6. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Ooof! If I was a pro with roadies, I'd be all over it. But I'm far from that.:atoz:

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm halfway there - I'm a pro with no roadies. Which is partly why I ditched my ridiculous Boogie collection. I very rarely play any place that would require one of these monsters, but damn! They sure are fun to play on.