Holy Heaven!! Im right in the middle of a GAS ATTACK, help me pleeease!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Oct 13, 2004.

1. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    If you find one, right handed of course, find me!

I played a few ATK300's at MAE, and they sounded awsome. Then I played a 305 and it sounded AMAZING! Great B string, but it wasn't the color I wanted, and since then it was sold and I have not found one since. Not even one on Ebay, in any colors I liked. I like the transparent finished ones.. AND THIS BLACK TRANSPARENT ATK305 is givin me a GAS attack from hell. I've already printed it out, thrown in at my girlfriend with big letters on it : "B-dAy & X-MAS LIST!"

2. picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Damn, they're really that nice? I'll have to check one out. I tried a Roadgear the other day, sounded pretty okay, but you could tell that it was a workhorse.
  3. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Roadgear? please.. BTB's, EDA's, SDGR, all those other Ibanez's are nothing, NOTHING like ATK's . They were by far the most versitile basses they (discontinued) made. They kill Musicman basses (most, Bongos are pretty damn nice sounding. SO MUCH BOOM. I want one of those too) , and tear Fender's a new one.
  4. picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Oh jesus, now I really have to find one to try out.
  5. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Why is that bass backwards? Special edition?

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Ha. Maybe in your opinion, but the Stingrays/American Fenders I played have sounded and felt alot better than the any ATK's I've come in contact with.
  7. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    Did you ever try one of the US built ones withe the PBC necks ? Pure heaven.
  8. they are awesome..i had a black one before...im now kicking myself i sold it..would of been a perfect backup....but i like the soundgears as well, the sr400's and 480's being my fav..my drummer has a soundgear 3006, wenge body neck and fingerboard
  9. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    i think your picture's flipped....

10. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Do any of you, with the same old tired Lefty joke, read anymore rather than just looking at pictures. I said, right handed of course, that is the only picture in the exact black transparent, maple neck setup, that I could find (even though its lefty).

I have tried just about every Ibanez, and they just don't kick butt like the ATKs.
  11. ATK's are easily ibanez's best basses....the pickup is incredible and the coil switching is very handy, i had the right hand 4 string eqivalent of the one you pictured..they still make them in japan, but they dont have the coil switching but a 5 way pickup selector
  12. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    so there out of production?
    how much would the 4 string version one of these cost?
  13. the one with the coil switch?..i bought mine for $600aus...just check ebay regulary
  14. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    thanks alot, ill keep checking
    im very poor with currency..how much would an MIM fender jazz cost in australian dollars.
  15. I love this one. Drooool. I am so intrigued with ATK's. I would love to try one.

16. thats different..we hav to pay $900aus for a MIM jazz, but if we just convert straight from the american price for the MIM, it only comes to about $500-600...it so bloody unfair
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

They're not out of production, they just don't import them to the USA any more.:( Shame. They are killer basses.
  18. I don't really like the looks of the ATK, but they do sound great. Maybe it's good to check the newer Ibanez basses, the ones that 'replaced' the ATK bassline, I heard they sound really good
  19. ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Hey BassDmb18,

I own exactly the one you showed (right handed) - even with the transparent black finish. I REALLY love it. By the way, I'm in the lucky position of loving both of my basses - the ATK 305 and my G&L ASAT - and I'm not GASing for another one! That seems to be quite rare here ;)

Well back to topic, the low B sounds killer and depending on how you switch the pickup you get a very close Stingrayisque sound. The transparent black is wonderfull. Depending on the light it sometimes has a glance of green in it (like olive), the other day it seems to be more on the brown site. Very Cool :cool:

So, my advise is, as they are not really expensive, and you do like the sound of it, get your hands on one. They are not sold anymore in Europe and in the US but you find them in eBay regularely. I got mine for 400 Euros, which actually is quite expensive for an ATK 305 but I had to have this gorgious finish and the condition was near mint. If you are short on money you'll find one for about half the price I paid.

One thing more: Stay away from the ATK 40x as the build quality is not as good as the one of the 30x and even the sound seems to differ a little bit.

Good luck on finding one!