Holy insane trade deal, Batman!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BioDriver, Feb 13, 2009.

1. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So I just bought jnewmark's GK 700RB and am waiting for it to arrive, so in preparation I figured I'd part with my Ampeg BA115 and acquire a 2x10 cab. I posted an ad on craigslist and waited for the replies to come in.

I think I got a good one. Some guy responded saying he'd bought an SWR SM 500, Goliath Jr, and Son of Bertha and thought it was too much noise for him, so he wanted to downgrade. He flat traded me his Goliath Jr with the store's extended warranty for my BA115!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. As I've said in my FS: Ibanez thread (in my signature, nudge nudge;)) I'm probably the only person in the world without a digital camera.

Attached Files:

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Well done, you are gonna love that cab.

3. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That is one of the deals of the century dude. Glad you got that Ampeg monkey off your back :)

However, I would try for getting the son of bertha off him instead if you can. That is one fine 15" cab. Owns the 2x10 straight up (IMHO).

Ahh, nm, if you already did it and it's done, it's still a swwwweeet deal :)

4. Nice, that's 8 ohm I assume? Throw a 15 under that with the GK and you'd have a kiler rig for bigger gigs.

5. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Or an SWR 12-pack. Those things Rock ass. :)

6. Its a great cab, Ive got it in 8 ohms. I've yet to pick up another cab for it. Enjoy it!

7. meaty

meaty

Nov 16, 2008
    Your bassicly rocking the same rig I do 'cept I got a goliatch 4x10 at 4 ohms instead.

great rig

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021