1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

holy mother of god

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bearhart74, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Matty Koff

Matty Koff

Aug 21, 2014
    Tennessee
    Looks like it was cut to make room for a beer gut and perhaps a right moob. AKA it'd fit me like a glove.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  2. Mike Vee

Mike Vee

Oct 8, 2012
    If it were like 2500 maybe grab it and change the body for an MJT relic or something

Admiral Akbar likes this.
  3. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    It requires some real skills to make a piece of wood look like it’s melting.

4. Mines...
    IMG_3010.JPG
    :)

5. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I wonder if the new contour actually improves the ergonomics of it .
    Maybe it does..

6. juggahnaught

juggahnaught

Feb 11, 2018
    Complain if you want - but I bet GC or an employee bought that bass for like, $150, and they're gonna turn a huge profit from someone who's willing to pay nearly ten times that for the hardware and the neck, even if it's well below asking price.

Good for them. The vintage bass market is a sucker's game - better to be on the winning side of it.

7. [​IMG]

Matty Koff likes this.
  8. lat

lat

Dec 30, 2014
    Canada
    Very rare custom job done by Salvador Dali.

9. Sergius Durante

Sergius Durante

May 21, 2019
  10. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
  11. Biffa

Biffa

Apr 16, 2019
    County Durham, UK
    I can't get the pic to load so I'm using my imagination

12. ... that monstrosity for 8k ??? ... I bet there's a queue of people out there, all wanting to buy it ... :woot::woot::woot:

13. Carl Hillman

Carl Hillman

Jan 1, 2010
    I didn't know Salvador Dali was a bass player.

[​IMG]

14. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I’m sure you’re right. I’ve always sucked at english. I guess my sucking at english is how you wound up believing i was praising incompetence when i never did anything of the sort, but that’s not really the issue here. I’m wondering how someone making their bass look exactly like they want it to look would be considered incompetent. They were obviously not satisfied with the way their bass looked as it was, but rather than seek the advice of “experts” on the future value of their bass they decided to hack up their bass so it was more to their liking, and what we see is the end result. Jaco hacked his bass up by removing the frets with a butter knife and pliers and losing the scratch plate, then completed the job by making a habit of carrying his bass around in a sack. Imagine how valuable that bass would be had he not been so incompetent when defacing his bass. Hopefully my inability to master the english language has not created even more confusion by continuing to say it was their bass and their decision, and to judge such actions as incompetent IMO demonstrates a lack of understanding regards the concept of ownership and who gives a poopie what others think about what someone does with their inanimate objects so long as they aren’t causing harm to others, and insulting the obviously superior intellect of a frustrated hall monitor is not causing harm, or did my incompetence with grammar cause me to completely miss the intent of your comments.

Marikk and HaphAsSard like this.
  15. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    What’s funny is they have other Fender “vintage” basses in much better condition selling for a fraction of that price.

Someone at the store definitely goofed up.

16. 8K ??
    :rollno:

17. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

apparently the mother of god ain't so holy lol

18. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

Oi, yoi yoi :rollno: