Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Holy Schnikies!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Yeah, there are a few things I want to go check out in person at Bass NW and this is one of them. That bass was formerly owned by Jerome Gaw (funkycarnivore) and Lowell Packham (hippiesandwich) who both post here and more so on the Dude Pit.

-Chris

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I wonder what a felt fingerboard does for the tone... anyone played a bass with that feature and care to comment?

3. I think the velvet covering kind of reins in the highs a little bit, so it has a little bit less "bite" than a lot of graphite necks. It doesn't feel too different to my fingertips.

The bass was actually first owned by TB'er Mr. Zero, then me, then Lowell, then me again, and then I sold it to Todd, who put it on consignment at BNW because he bought the NS Czech Upright. The pickups on that Ritter are really great--amazing clarity with a lot of punch, etc. Neck's a little wide for me, but overall, it's definitely worth the money if that's what you're into.

4. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Yum... Kent Armstrong MM pickup and Piezo bridge.

5. oops I thought it was a ritter gig bag.. I got one today.. :)

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What a whore. ;)