1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Holy shamwow! My book is about to hit bookstores

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bman, Apr 26, 2009.

1. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Fairly longtime member here...

I'm really excited about some new news I got regarding a book I wrote last year and I want to shout it out somewhere. :hyper:
    It's finally about to hit bookstores and I just discovered today that sections of it are available to read on Barnesandnoble.com.

It's a travel guide of sorts. It's called "Mousejunkies" - it's travel tips told through anecdotes, narrative and a collection of advice from people addicted to vacationing at Walt Disney World.

It's one of my three obsessions: Bass guitar, writing and Walt Disney World.

You have to register for a free account at B&N first (www.barnesandnoble.com) but then you can click here and see parts of the book: http://search2.barnesandnoble.com/BookViewer/?ean=9781932361667

I was really flipped out because it was the first time I'd seen parts of it, including the back page. (Yeah, I'm the tubby guy laughing on the back page. What you can't see is the beer I'm holding below the picture. It was taken at Epcot, and to me, Epcot means beverages.)

I'm just really excited and wanted to share it somewhere. (Other info at www.mousejunkies.com).

2. Congrats man. I hope to publish a book at some point in the future. My dad has several books on the go, with hopes of getting them published.

lowsound

3. vbasscustom

vbasscustom

Sep 8, 2008
    send us all a free copy. but none of those double bass guys.

4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Good on ya.

MiceAge is one of my regular internet visits, although as a west coaster, I spend most of my time reading about Disneyland. I may have to hit you up for some inside info if/when the budget for that Orlando vacation ever becomes available.

5. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Absolutely!
    I'll talk Mouse - and bass - all day!

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Congrats on getting a book pressed!!!! :)

7. Congrats, bman!

Ya know, I read me a book once. It had pictures and such. Understood most parts, too.

8. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Pretty awesome man, congrats!!! I'll surely check out a copy. Thnx fer the heads up.

9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Congrats - it's no mean feat to get a book published, well done and good luck with the sales.

10. Yay for you!! Hopefully one day there will be a Opera Book Club sticker on the cover.

11. Congrats!

12. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I always have writing a book in my mind.Maybe some day...

Congratulations to you man,good luck with the success.:)

13. Beno

Beno

Jan 11, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    awesome!...did you write it while wearing a snuggie?

14. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Awesome, man. I'll recommend it to my parents next time we take a trip to Disney.

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    What's the 'Opera' Book Club? :eyebrow:

16. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    That is pretty cool. I actually just got back from Disney World with my senior class. My mom is somewhat of an addict, though, she goes about 3 or 4 times a year. My grandparents work there too. I think they only work about 5 days of the year these days.

Edit: I once saw a Discovery or History Channel thing on Disney. Do you have any recommendations for a good website or book that tells the secrets or science behind the place?

17. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Sure! "Mousejunkies!" ;-)

My book is out. I'm going to visit it at the bookstore today. (Actually, it's supposed to be on the shelves between today and Monday.)
    But if it's there - consider a lifelong dream fulfilled.

Check out this pic my wife took of my daughter and I opening the first box of books the other day - it was an exciting moment!
    [​IMG]

18. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Now,what else does a man want?..

Congratulations.

19. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    That Alembic I let go a couple years ago. :D
    But yeah, to watch my kid read my book. It was pretty wild.

20. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    :D

There's always more,don't forget the beer too,and this hot neighbour chick,and that yellow Corvette etc etc.:p;)