1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holy SLINKY Batman!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by White Funk, Dec 1, 2018.

1. White Funk

White Funk

Nov 25, 2018
    Hidey ho my fellow low end luminaries! I have a short scale bass - Danelectro Hodad that already had light gauge strings on it. Between the 95-40 string and the short scale it was very easy to play and surprisingly fat sounding as well. Fast forward to getting a little older and finger joints starting to hurt, so I says to myself "self, why don't you get REALLY thin strings on that bad boy and use it for practice, thus saving wear and tear on said achey fingers". So I got me a set of RotoSound SS stings in 90-30. I think I can bend these strings farther than I can on my Strat!! Furthermore, it is already helping me with my slap technique being so easy to play. They do sound a little thinner (expected), more fret buzz (but I didn't bother adjusting the neck) and a little "twangy" if you pop them too hard, but overall I gotta say it's a nice weapon in my small but growing arsenal! Just figgerd I'd share with my pals.

Bass Man Dan likes this.