Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Holy Smokes! Michael's back!

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by maxvalentino, Jul 20, 2002.

1. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Hi guys.... I just got back from a three week tour of the Western US (Calif to South Dakota and back) ...lotsa shows and great response! (sold a lot of CDs, and hopefully kicked open a few doors for more solo bass exposure). Been away from the 'puter for a while, but Lo and behold...I drop into TB and find Michael and Steve tag teaming a forum! That's great! Just wanted to say "Welcome Back Michael!" It's great to hear from you again.

and..in my shameless plug of self-promotion... I have just found that my CD is reviewed and featured at bassically.nethttp://www.bassically.net

Max

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Max! And thanks for helping to make the world safe for us solo bass weirdoes!

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Mr. Manring, I really dig your tone and your solo playing abilities as well as your verse/ambient bass playing abilities. Your playing works tremendously well with your songs and I love it all. Just bought your Book of Flames, and its on backorder, so I'll be waiting another 2 weeks for it. :( You've really inspired me to become a better bassist and expand my playing abilities onto a fretless bass.

Thanks, Mr. Manring! :D

4. Hey Max,
    Guess Who! Glad to hear your CD is doing well. I've really enjoyed listening to it myself.

DE

5. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Hey Dan...thanks. Good to hear from you! I think I need to talk to you about arranging some shows up your way....e-mail me please.
    Max

6. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much for the kind words, BigBohn! I hope you enjoy Book of Flame.