1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holy SWR + Ampeg love...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve Harris Is, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Being still a youngun(played for about a year and a half) I was very content with my Behringer 4500 head and Behr 410 cab, as much as people bash them to all hell. It held up OK and the sound was generally decent.

Well, I took the plunge and spent a little dough and went with the SWR 550X head and Ampeg SVT-410HLF and holy mother of f**k this is a match made in bass heaven!!

I played a show last night(www.myspace.com/kadarka) and it was a fairly smallish club and this rig just rocked the place, and even when I turn it down it's just buttery smooth. Really loving this set up right now...sounds amazing at home in practice as well!

2. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    This is why Behringer exists, so you can start at the bottom, and everything else after that will be an upgrade. :D