1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holy ----!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Disraeli Gears, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I think I just found out what heaven is like.

A new restaurant just opened up in town called Tuscano's. It's a Brazilian grill, and basically this is how it works:

Basically, there's a little cylinder on your table with one end painted green, one end painted red, and the middle painted yellow.

Red means you're full

Yellow means you need something from your waiter

Now green is the fun part. When you have the thing with the green side up, people who are rotating around the room with giant skewers of all different kinds of meat will come and give you samples (or really whatever amount you want) of whatever they have on their skewer.

I ended up having cuts of brown sugar glazed ham, about 5 different kinds of steak, bacon wrapped turkey, brisket, and chicken. It was truly amazing.

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Sounds tasty!

3. You lucky stiff. :p

I wish I had a place like that in my town.

4. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    that sounds really cool

5. My brother went to a similar place in Brazil. Its definitely a cool concept.

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    One of my sons used to be a waiter at a place like that in Memphis called Texas de Brazil. I also went to one out in Denver, but can't remember what that one was called. Pretty cool, but you sure couldn't do THAT every day!

7. How do you display the yellow section? I'm trying to wrap my head around the physics behind this cylinder.

Sounds good, though. :)

8. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Yeah, I think by the end of dinner I was more full than I'd ever been in my life :p

9. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    You just set it down on its side. I think it would have worked better to have made it rectangular so it wouldn't roll around, but it seemed to work fine

10. Got it. ;)

You other guys can thank me for having him clear that up.

11. There's something like this in Montreal. Actually 3 of them :D

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was about to ask myself. I was wondering if it was a folding cylinder.

13. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Lol, thanks! Was just gonna ask! :D

14. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Sounds exactly like Fogo de Chao. And if it's anything like the $50 you spend at Fogo, it really is heaven on earth

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah. There's one of those near my house too. It wins hard.

16. YEAH! Well in my town we have a Chinese restaurant where everyone speaks perfect English!

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    We used to have one in San Antonio called Do Brazillia or something like that.. it wasn't cheap but well worth it. I got laid that night.

18. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    we have one of those but it is called The Green Jungle or something. I like the grilled pineapple the brought out.

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Fogo rawks! We had our team outing there a few years back. One of the girls was talking about how they have the #1 rated salad bar in Dallas. Who cares?!?!? If I am going to an all you can eat Brazilian steak house, you think I am going to eat rabbit food? Especially for $50!

I have also been to Texas de Brazil. It is very good, but not as good as Fogo.

20. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    There is a place like that in Covina CA and it rules!!! Churrasqueria :)