Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Home at last...

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Steve Lawson, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Right, that's it, I think... end of big touring stuff for this year...

Just got back from the tour opening for Level 42 - what fun that was! 22 dates, playing to a total of over 35,000 people, with a few days off in the middle to do some gigs and clinics with Michael Manring!! Does life get much better than this???

What's more, my new album, Not Dancing For Chicken, is selling very well indeed... so I guess it does get even better... :)

Thanks to everyone who's bought it already - feel free to post reviews here... ;)

Anyway, sorry for not being around much - I'm back, and will be answering stuff a bit quicker now... Also back teaching, so if you're a student of mine, you can call me over the next few days to book in for next week...

cheers

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

2. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Welcome back! :)

Have been reading the reviews here as well as the blog (is that the word?) entries at your site and I'm glad to hear the gigs went well.

Here's wishing for a tour of the East Coast USA in the future! :D

3. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi all,

I'm back from my travels too, for the time being. Thanks so much for your patience while Steve and I were out "paying the rent" both separately and together. Thanks also to all the TB-ers who came to our shows and clinics in the UK and especially to Steve for his hospitality, hard work and fantastic musicianship.

4. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Welcome back as well Michael! :)

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    :rolleyes:

ahem, super skint, again! so skint in fact i havent bought any cd's (including yours!) this month - that's how bad it is :(

I'm putting in some cash to build rehearsal rooms in a mates detatched garage next month... constant access to a drum kit, mmm, oooh, aah, n-i-c-e! :)

anyway, glad to hear the nu-albums going well... like what i've heard so far - which is most of it i expect?

keep it real g
    h

6. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Not to worry, Mr K, sounds like you have important things to be getting on with... :)

I'll try and save your place in the schedule, but don't be surprised it if takes you 6 months to book a lesson next time... :D (just kidding)

'tra

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk