1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Home Built Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Sorry i searched the forum with a lot of different combinations of words but came up with zilch (could have sworn there was a do it yourself thread here) so I apologize if i started yet another thread on well covered ground...!

Well here they are the 4x10 cab measures 24 x 24 x 18 as does the 1 x 15 cab. The top cab contains some closeout multipurpose 10 inch drivers (good for bass and P.A.) as does the 15 inch cabinet. (planning to replace them at a later date with something better) still trying to decide if i should put tolex, carpet. or a hard (Line X, Rhino) style coating on them. The 4 x 10 is rated at 800 watts RMS and the 15 is rated at 300 watts RMS.

newstack2.

Well? comments?

Internal baffles and supports tie the front to the back for added strength and less vibration. Plans for the cabs came from Parts-source as did the speakers. Built using OSB, MDF. Totoal cost for all is less than $300.00

anyone else have DIY cabs thay want to share?

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    good job!

3. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    do the truck liner stuff!! i just got my first cab with it and plan to redo my other rat fur cab myself.

How do the cabs sound and what head are you using to push them?

4. djwackfriz

djwackfriz

Jul 31, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    thank GOD for this thread... i've been rooting around all day and have found nothing that makes sense to my tiny brain...

Anyone care to share some plans for a 1x18 or 2x18?

5. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    check out this site and the omnitop 15. Not an 18" but these cabs are designed for the home builder and the owner is a talkbass member.

http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/

6. This is going to be my Beater Rig and it will live in the bar so it will have an old Hartke HA3500 pushing them along with a Sansamp RBI (which cost more than the cabs did...lol)

the sound is ok.... kind of a Generic tone....but that is to be expected considering the speakers (Eminence Delta lites will eventually go in these cabs down the road)

so you really like the Line x/Rhino type coating? if so why?

7. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I like the Rhino because it is indestructable. Tolex rips easily and carpet turns into rat fur. But if this is going to stay in one place then just give it a cool paint job. :hyper:

also a Hartke 3500 with an RBI is nice gear!!!

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    IMO the and omnitop isnt a recommendation for someone digging around for 118 or 218.

Perhaps titan + a top or omni 15 (regular?)

Something with the 3015LF or 2 in a biggish cab will kill a lot of 118's, so you can search the Fearful/ls1503 megathreads.

9. djwackfriz

djwackfriz

Jul 31, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Awesome thanks for all the help guys, I have some direction now!