Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Home cinema problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassed dude, Jan 23, 2004.

1. hi all, i got a slight problem with my home cinema setup.. and it's driving me crazy!!

the setup is : Sony dvd player hooked with S-video, coaxial digital audio and 2 channel analogue audio to an Onkyo AV receiver/processor.
    The receiver is hooked with S-video + 2 channel analogue audio running into SCART (PERITEL) to a Barco tv, i'm not using s-video to s-video here simply becouse the tv dusn't have s-video.. for those who wonder ;)

dvd = set to output : s-video, component video off
    receiver is set to output : s-video, component video off
    all is running on pal.

Osd from the receiver is displayed in collor on tv.. as it's supposed to..

:confused: but for some reason dvd signal is displayed in black/white on tv.. good signal quality just no collor at all not even vague.

when i connect dvd to tv direct with scart to scart without changing any settings on dvd/tv the immage has the same quality but in collor. i heven't tried running everything through component video becouse i don't have the propper connections for it.

all the cables used are premium quality ixos cables.. so there shudn't be any problem.

in short: HELP :bawl:

thanx

2. Cant you go from the DVD to the TV.
    I think you are trying to convert data through the amp to avoid the lack of S-Vid.
    Try going from DVD to TV the video doesn't need to go into the amp.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is it possible that the DVD player is set to NTSC and the TV is PAL or vice-versa? Sometimes in that case you'll get a picture but it's in black and white.

brad cook

4. Going straight to the tv with scart from dvd gives excelent image with collor.
    but the amp setup is hard to do without the help from the OSD, which u can't see if you keep the amp video signal out of the chain.

thanx for your input, but i thought of that and all is set to PAL, except maybe the amp input.. of which i can't find any setting of PAL - NTSC