1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Home Depot commandos: Double Wah set up.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by syciprider, Oct 21, 2006.

1. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    My rig has clean and dirty channels.

[​IMG]

Now I wanna do a Timmy C style set up where I can run a clean channel wah and a dirty wah via one pedal (like with a wood plank or sumthin). My problem here is how to attach said wood plank to the pedal surfaces and not make it look too ghetto. I am thinking sticking velcro to the pedals and wrapping the wood in fuzzy carpet then sticking it on top of both wahs. Does anyone here have an alternative approach?

Thanks

2. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Erm, i dont know how to do this, but Timmy C doesnt actually use his Wah on the clean channel, he uses it on both his dirty channels.

3. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    maybe you could attach the pedals at the front of the toe. find somebody who knows how to weld ;)

4. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Remove the machine screws holding the backplates onto your pedals, and any rubber feet that are attatched. Drill holes through the plywood carefully matched up to the holes on your pedals, and screw longer machine screws through the bottome of the plywood into your pedals.

Congrats, your pedals are now bolted directly to the plywood. Cover the wood with whatever you want (preferably beforehand). It makes changing batteries a bit of a pain on non-Boss units, but those pedals aren't going anywhere, and it looks clean.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I only see the Wah pedal. You're using the Morley and what else?

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    GT-6B = 2nd Wah

7. Dude, I want cool templates like that!

8. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    TP, I'm getting a 2nd Morley from Adam.

Jabber, thanks. That's a great idea.

Db. I know, but I only have two channels.

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I'm fairly certain that Timmy C. just puts wood boards accross his at the toe and heel. Anything would really work with that, perhaps even double-sided tape so long as you're gentle.

10. I don't understand why you wouldn't want it to look ghetto!?

11. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Yah thats what im saying, surely u could get a Timmy C type sound with only wahing ur dirty channel, so only needing one wah, so not needing to connect 2 wahs

12. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Why not use just one wah with an a/b box that goes to both amps? Then you can use both, or just one.

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, if you're getting a 2nd Morley, it's easier than it looks. My biggest concern was using two different types of Wahs, in which the pedal's travel would be different, especially with one being switchless, and IMO would have been a logistical nightmare lining up the fulcrum's and having different sweeps.

This is much easier than you can imagine. First, shoot an email to Morley asking for an extra tread, say you bought a wah second hand and it's missing the tread on top. They should send two. These are for if you ever go back to single wahs.

You'll need to remove the treads, they come off rather easilly, drill holes or use a darn strong glue. Don't try removing the rocker pedal as they're pretty close to impossible to get back on a Morley pedal.

Hope this helps a bit.

14. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Too late, I already bought a 2nd wah :) Plus my wah comes after distortion so I can't keep a 100% clean signal if I went the A/B box route. That's a good idea that deserves to be filed for future use though.:bassist:

TP thanks for the tip.

15. industrial strength velcro and a 3/8" wood board cut to size works well for me...i use 2 105Q wahs