Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

home from Europe

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Well I just got home from Europe, it was incredible. I figure this is the forum to post about it.

16 shows, 16 days, 10 different countries. Everyday you wake up on the bus in a different country, MEet TONS of awesome people, party with locals, European MTV, Poland TV, interviews, fans, the kids, the unlimited beer, MUCH greater appreciation from the fans in Europe than in the US.......I can't say enough. It was the best way I could have ever ended my time with my band, we have a big sold out show next week they wanted me to make my last show but I decided IT couldn't beet the European experience so I'm ending with that.

We toured with Good Riddance, one of my all time favorite bands and they turned out to be super cool guys. Close to 4000 pictures and many hours of video later we are home.

I am happy to come back to normal food. all the catering and provided dinner were vegan and vegetarian because good riddance are veges.

My band is already planning on going back there and doing the Snow Jam? tour in Canada next year and some of Warped Tour this summer. I hope the rock it all.

ok just raving a little.

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    What a grand experience! That's cool that the fans are so awesome. That must be really nice, to feel that much appreciation for what you do. :)

Cherie :)

3. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    great stuff........

Any links for pictures?

4. Hey bro' hope your re considering droping your gig!

5. nope its done. We(They) have a sold out show up in Hollywood on thursday, gonna be the first one that I don't play in 6 years. :( They asked me to play it but they way I look at it, there is no better way to go than Europe. And I don't feel like being asked why like 500 times in one night, so I'll keep my distance from the shows for a little till we find a permanent replacement. Tryouts are starting next week.