Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Home From School...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, May 6, 2003.

1. YES! I love it! I plan on moving into the storage room soon!

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. eh,I don't care.

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. School = Hell!

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. I iz A Stewdint! yay!

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Hello Fellas...

Jon again...

I am currently staying home from school,chillin on this site,listening to Metallica.

and I love it...

I hate school,and I hate the classes I got today too...like first period I got a mean ol' Nazi teacher...

she's crazy for her teaching,it's rather scary...but sad.

right now...Life is good,pretty much I guess.

well,since I live near my school,I had to walk home....

about half a mile....it was worth it.

It's all good....until my mom comes home and finds her son on the computer and not on the books @ school:eek:

All Well;)

So...has anyone ever pulled the sick card to stay home?

Give TB some stories!

-Jon:spit:

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Ah, the memories. School days, those were the good ol' days...

...you don't know how good until you have to work for a living... :spit:

;)

3. And get paid?

yeah...that sucks bro;)

Nah,I know what you mean...

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK

5. Just wait till you get to college, then you aren't forced to go to any classes but you will have to if you want to continue at that institution. plus, living away from home is cool and the course load (depending on your school) is alot easier than high school.

College is a good time. Hope this gives you incentive to go to high school more and just put up with it for a little while longer. Trust me, high school is just a spec of dust on the timeline of your life, before you know it, it's all over so enjoy it while you can.

6. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

7. I like school. All my mates are there and I've been there long enough to realize that some of the teachers are fun people. And I *gasp* like what I'm studying.

Think of it this way, if you didn't go to school and just stayed home, what would you do? I guarantee you you'll be done with everything you can think of on the second day and after that it's pure boredom.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But if you take time off you might not get paid or even lose your job if you take too much time off and then struggle to get another decent job, as you won't get a good reference, and so on - face it - school is as good as it gets!! :meh:

9. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Schools one of those things where you hate it at first, then you realize it sucks staying home.

10. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I skip occasionally because of boring assemblies or other such things. Usually school is all right. Weight training and Guitar make it all worthwhile, without those classes school would be boring. I'd much rather be at work than school, because I already know everything I need to know in High School. (really I do, I've already graduated! They're making me finish the semesterthough :()

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i don't like school....but i put up with it because i kno it will benefit me in the long run

bp13

12. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    While I don't like it all the time, I get to play bass and football and lift weights every day, so I am happy.:bassist:

13. I love school. All my friends are there and I have some of the coolest teachers in the world.

My Spanish teacher's rather nice, too ;)

14. Whaaa? :eek: Was your high school really hard or is your college really easy? I took the most advanced classes I could in HS and it was still a cakewalk for the most part; I'm taking utterly average classes in college and I have to work so much harder... Yea, I only take four classes a semester now versus six in HS, but the material and out-of-class time requirements are much more demanding!
    Heh...I had a couple of those in my Spanish classes too, one in HS and one in college. It definitely helped to keep the class more interesting and to keep me awake! Even if/when I got bored with the lesson, I could just sit back and stare :D I never found as many excuses to stay after class as I should have......

15. Well i should say that my high school had somewhat higher academic standards in my area and i took alot of AP classes in high school. in college i don't have to do that as much now. Also, as of now i am only taking general education requirement classes (some of which are a joke) and they are mostly all easy. once i get into taking courses for my major it should get a little more difficult.

16. Yeah..... double Spanish this afternoon.......:cool:

17. My High school was sooooo hard. I never had time to study. I was literaly in every band that the school offered. Both Jazz Bands, Marching, Drum line. I have been also in every other choir or band that they offered at one time playing bass. Plus I was the sound crew head for our theatre department and worked for several dance companies doing sound/lighting. Our high school was also known for it's acedemics. I was busy! Now that I am in college it is like, I thought they said high school was the best part of our lives? lies lies lies. But enjoy everyday. No matter what stage you are in. I do miss some of high school, but some I think, why the hell did I put my self through such hell? I could have gotten straigh A's. I marked School=Hell because it costs money. And money is expensive.

18. i never skip school. never have; it's just not my thing. plus, i'm not good at getting away with stuff.
    although, i am known to show up to school under the influence of certain substances...:p
    only when i have study hall or art class first though.

19. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    THEEEE RIVER!

Oh wait.....:oops:

20. Desdenova

Desdenova

Feb 18, 2003
    Hampton, VA
    Ehh...iffy. If American public schools weren't so hilariously f***ed up I might enjoy it more, but I've been in all honors/gifted classes in high school, and so far it's the same BS with more busywork. They say it moves faster, but it goes slower with all the retarded busywork and extra assignments. Even if the teachers <i>wanted</i> to teach anything they couldn't as they rush to cover everything the state requires them to for the SOL tests (GSE in Cali., and I believe it's going to be nation-wide soon thanks to Bush). Jeeeeesus it pisses me off. The credit system for graduation, the way Guidance has no concern for anyone but themselves and their 2-hour lunches. It's like everything is designed to screw students over.

They also have a policy that bans all classes you'll actually need for a career, unless you want to be a programmer or English major. And I got kicked out of class I had a high average in because I didn't go to a doctor or shrink every time I coughed. Someone absent all year with doctor's notes wouldn't get kicked out. History, one of few classes I really like, because I had 6 absences. What amazes me is that so many parents think s*** like that is ridiculous, but the schools don't care.

Guidance counselors are morons.