1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Home-made pedal board - by me!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Woodsbass, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hey guys, this is my first time building a pedal board. I wanted to make a board just big enough to fit my four MXR pedals, (Analog Chorus, BOD, BEF and BFD) with a cover and an LED array to light up my pedals on a dark stage.

Here are the first to parts, the board and the road case. If anyone has suggestions on how I should do the LED array, let me know!

Thanks for looking! (First two photos in the album below)

http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii638/Woodsbass/

2. Samsound

Samsound

Sep 28, 2010
    Interesting approach. I like the "a place for everything, everything in its place", look. I just hope you don't have GAS, when it comes to pedals, lol.

3. How are you planning on powering them?

4. I'm going to be using a one-spot with 90 degree plugs. There will be a hole drilled to the right of each pedal where the plug will come out, with the one spot coming out of the back of the board (underneath).

I should have mentioned, this is not the finished product. I'm still adding the LED array, drilling holes for the 1 spot plugs, attaching clasps to hold the lid onto the board, and a handle on the cover.

As for gas...we'll see. I just had a free day, some scrap lumber and the proper tools laying around and though I'd make a quick project out of it! :hyper:

5. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I have been drawing my new board, in the hopes that it will be a minimalist board, too. Tragically, it did not occur to me that a Morley Power Wah Boost, EHX Bass Micro Synth (big box), Sovtek Big Muff (green), and Fulltone OCD don't exactly count as minimal...

But, so as not to hijack your thread, I look forward to seeing the board.

6. I was hoping the answer was going to be "The Tower of Power".

7. Ha!

8. Attached Files:

9. That's a pretty cool design, bro! I can't tell on my iPod, are the spots for the pedals recessed or will they sit flush on the board?

10. The pedals will sit recessed enough that the patch cable will be almost touching the board when plugged in, that way the pedal can't slide around too much. I'm not a huge fan of velcro on pedals, so I decided to go this route instead.

11. I'm thinking that when I make my own pedalboard, I'll have a couple of rows of nails/screws in the wood and somehow clamp pedals to them so I don't need velcro.
    Thing is, either the head of the screws needs to be removable or the links on the pedals open-able. :scowl: Still working on the concept.