1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

home-made piezo pick up to a fishman powerchip?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by WormWoodSoup, Oct 13, 2010.

1. I have a J-bass I wanted to put piezo pu's to mix with the magnetic pu's and I have a home-made piezo pick-up morely like an under-saddle type you might find in acoustic guitars, now can I use the fishman powerchip (preamp) so i could mix my magnetic pick-up with single output? That would give me a separate volume to the piezo pu.

I'm planning to put the piezo pu under the saddle bridge then to fishman powerchip while the sum out of magnetic pu's will meet in the end of the jack like the powerchip installation said. http://www.fishman.com/uploads/products/documents/179.pdf would that work?

Do the fishman powerchip works only with fishman piezo pu's or it can be used to other piezo pu's? thanks already for the answers I really appreciate help on this

2. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Not sure about the pre amp but as far as the saddle goes the only type of piezos I know that work the best have individual piezo elements on each string saddle. Is this what yours will be or something like an acoustic guitar?

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    the powerchip should take any piezo just fine.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021