Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pierce, Jun 6, 2005.

1. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    whose home? YOURS
    which dog? THIS ONE

Last August Ashley was found in an Oakland, California industrial park: stressed out, starving, and exhausted. She was taken into a foster home, now where after a thorough bath, big dinner, and an hour-long belly rub she fell asleep in her new temporary guardian's lap.

Since then she has been from foster home to foster home, sometimes for longer stays, sometimes sleeping in the car. Her life was very irregular and stressful until recently when we took her in. She can’t stay much longer because of our landlord, and our dogs, which she doesn’t get along with. (I wouldn’t mind trading our dogs in and keeping her, because she is better behaved. *grin*)

She is a honey-colored mix, and is eager to receive human affection. She is well trained, house-trained, and will become chief resident of a living-room couch. She is a sweet, sensitive, smart, and loyal 3 – 4 year-old dog who everyone who has met has fallen in love with. She has passed (with flying colors) a very hard animal control dog temperament test, can wear a muzzle in public, is not food protective, and is gentle even when playing rough. She is hit-or-miss with other dogs, and is not good with smaller animals (like cats, rabbits, and guinea pigs). She really needs to find a permanent home, because she forms strong bonds quickly.

She is fond of Bass, and enjoys guarding them when the owner is not home.
  2. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    well i'm sure you will find a home soon i would take her in but i already have a dog that also doesn't get along with other dogs good luck in finding a new home for her
  3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    If my landlord would allow it, she'd be mine!!! bring her over to the otherside of the bay!

Dangit.. :crying:
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I have 4 cats, sorry :(