1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Home Rec Issue - USB & ASIO

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by GladToBeBack, Apr 6, 2015.

1. GladToBeBack

GladToBeBack

Mar 21, 2011
    Running Samplitude DAW with a Behringer Q1002USB. Have had this set up for about a year without issue.

Last week I noticed some noise coming through and after troubleshooting the usual culprits, I read that updating the drivers may be the issue.

So I did this and I can't seem to get the software to communicate to the mixer correctly. I've been all through the settings and can't seem to find where it's going wrong.

The biggest issue I'm having is that I will either get an error message about the samplerate. "Soundcard is synchronized to an external clock".

Or the sound will playback slow and choppy.

When playing music through other sources (wmp for example) I get an intermittent click during the playback. I did, however, notice that the noise I was getting in recording is gone so the issue seems to only be in playback.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. Word clock issues are possible. But I know nothing about schematics of this interface so I can't advise. No any clock input there as I've seen at the pictures so checking with external clock source is impossible.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Is this ASIO4ALL?

You should only change settings in the asio panel from the host. ASIO4ALL lets you install a standalone asio panel but it is useless. Do it from the host.

4. GladToBeBack

GladToBeBack

Mar 21, 2011
    No, Behringer offers ASIO4ALL as an alternative but I'm using Behringer's 64 Bit driver.

I've made sure that the settings in the ASIO control panel and the Program Settings in Samplitude match. When I'm home I'll share some screen shots.

I had a bit of success today, although I had to downgrade my samplerate to do it. At 44.1 kHz the recording and playback work well enough to record and mix. Playback still has intermittent clicking but it doesn't translate to the recording...

But I've been running in 88.2 kHz this whole time without issue. I can't imagine why I'm suddenly having these issues.

I noticed too that the name of the mixer changed wit the updated driver. It went from "USB Codec" to "Behringer 2.4.8 (I'll have to double check number accuracy when I'm home.)

Not sure if that's relevant but wanted to provide all the info I could. I appreciate the help TB.