1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Home recording- lexicon alpha?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rutto, Jan 24, 2012.

1. rutto

rutto

Jan 24, 2012
    I need a way to record bass on my pc. Microphone output makes my bass sound like a dream of an insane DJ, so i have to find a way to make it sound like bass guitar. I've heard that Lexicon Alpha may help, but all reviews i've seen aren't very helpful. I have no chance to try it before buying so i want to be 100% sure about it. So, i want to know, if Lexicon alpha is worth its price, or if there are better ways to record bass at home with limited budget. Obviosly, I don't demand studio quality.

2. I have one, I love it. At times my bass is a little flat, but a bit of mixing fixes that. Its better then any M-Aduio Iever used. However I'm still a bit green, and may not know what I'm talking about. Also the recording software will make a difference (as I'm sure you know). If you don't mind me asking what are your useing?

3. Also I got mine for free. I would of paid the 50 bucks (if thats how much it still is) for it.