Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Home Recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Timbo, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hey guys! I just kinda goof around, and record things for fun, and sometimes they sound half-decent. I felt like sharing this to get some critiques, and just to see what people thought of it over-all. I did the bass line, the 'melody' and the drum synth with a little help from a friend on the drum synth. Mind you, I still consider myself lower-intermediate. Any input would be great, good or bad, it's all helpful. :)

http://storeandserve.com/download/78127/Que.mp3.html

2. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Very interesting groove there, with additional instruments that could really turn into something very meaty! Nice rounded off bass tone yet still very distinct. You just need higher-pitched instruments to really bring out the nearly hidden melody.

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    the over all feeling I get is very marcus miller style composing. Is he an influence in you're writing?

4. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I've never really listened to Marcus Miller. I've heard of him several times on talkbass, but haven't really checked him out. I'll make sure I do.

The sound must've gotten just engrained into my mind because I listen to a lot of reggae, even though it really isn't shown in the song.

Oh! And thanks for the kind words on the song! I'm trying to learn a bit more guitar so I can start using that for melody instead of trying to go high up the neck to make it heard. Thanks again guys!