Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Home Remedies for closing throat?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Long story short, my allergies are acting up, and making my throat swell and closes. I find gargaling cold water helps. But only for a minutes or two. I've been pumping fluids like crap, but they don't seem to help, although my pee is crystal clear. Anybody got any cures that could help me?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Dude, tell your folks to take you to an allergist!!!

People have died from that type of reaction to stuff

3. Broken glass and gasoline always works for me.

*wondering if he'll actually try it* :ninja:

4. Oh, my nostric (is that even a word?) airpath is fine. It's just a bugger when swallowing liquids.

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Go and see a doctor. NOW!!!

6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Get yourself to a DOCTOR, NOW! I work with swallowing difiiculties daily, swallowing solids should be more difficult than liquids in this case. Does it feel like they are going down the wrong pipe at all? Your throat and/or airway being constricted is nothing you want to fool around with or ignore. It could be the difference between life or death if your reaction intensifies. :meh:

7. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah dude, see a doctor. Get on allergy medication and it won't even get to that point.

8. Try a typically Hong Kong remedy. I find these soothe the throat and help any swelling subside.

HK Remedy #1:
    Take a can of coke, 4 - 5 slices of lemon, and 2 slices of ginger.
    Boil it.
    Drink it.

HK Remedy #2 (more common elsewhere):
    Boil water.
    Throw in 5 - 7 slices of lemon.
    Pour as much honey as tastes good.
    Kill lemons with (long) spoon in (long) glass.
    Drink it.

HK Remedy #3:
    Find some "Nin Jyom Pei Pa Go" or "Pei Pa Kow" or something along those lines. Perhaps in China Town. Take a table spoon of that stuff ever couple of hours. Or whenever there's irritation.
    Repeat.

Well, that's what I always do when I have throat problems, particularly #1. :p

9. Doctor, unless you WANT to die. I mean dieing is the new thing, next to drugs and suicide.

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Again, GO SEE A DOCTOR. Without Allegra, I'd be unable to breathe come start of every allergy season. Not fun.