1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HomeBrew Psilocybe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nad, Nov 9, 2006.

1. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Anybody try/have/steal one? I'm in the market for a phaser + I love HBE = I'll probably pick one up anyhow.

[​IMG]

Now back to your regular scheduled "what's the best compressor?" thread.

EDIT: you know, it helps to actually USE CORRECT SPELLING when searching, just found a bunch of results. Oh well, now it has a dedicated thread, hooray!

2. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005
    Not the thread I was hoping for...

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I have one and I think it's about as good as phasers get. It really sounds great used in conjunction with my Discumbobulator. I used to use mine just for slapping and stuff, but I find myself leaving it on a lot more lately. Great effect. Homebrew is a terrific company to deal with, too. I have a THC chorus that I have been really impressed with and Joel helped me out with some modifications to make it even better. I can't stress enough how positive my experiences with them have been. Good luck.

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Well I just bought one from http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/ , this'll be my second HBE pedal, woo!

The one I really like is the Moogerfooger, but 4 bills is too expensive for a part-time effect. Sorta like how 5 bills was too much for a Lovetone envelope filter, so I bought the Moog for under 3 instead, haha.

5. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    The Psilocybe is a great pedal as bass-shy already said. Totally organic and lush sounding.

6. Same here.

7. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
  8. zippydog

zippydog Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    Nice pedal, but a little noisy for me. seemed to distort and muck up the sound a little (I was DC powering, not battery) ...sold mine.

I found a maxon PT-9 PRO to be a much cleaner, clearer sound with true bypass and no on/off "clicks". Not quite as chewy as the HBE, but kept more of the original bass tone intact. Really flexible settings and yes, more expensive than HBE. Just my experience...yours may vary.

9. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    I had one and really liked it but my friend is starting to make pedals so I sold it and bought one of his.

10. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I am happy with mine as a fairly transparent phaser. It's clean enough that it really works well in combination with other pedals in series without being overpowering.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020