Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Homecoming/Formal pictures

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well folks, it's that time of year again!! Homecoming season. The leaves are turning gold and brown, the air is getting crisp, and school dances are taking place all across the country!!!

I had my homecoming last night. I was really fun. The DJ kinda sucked, playing rap and hiphop all night!!! Nothing else. and I am not even exagurating. Even, so I had a great time.

So everyone, post some pics of your homecoming night, or if you don't have homecoming, your formal pictures.

Here is a picture of me and my girlfriend, Rebecca. I know I look like a dork... but she still looks good :D

2. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    your right you do look like a dork.
    Just kidding. I havent had mine yet but Ill post if this thread is still around.:D

3. I had my Homecoming a week ago. Loads of fun. Me and my friends drove to Seattle to eat at this super fancy restaurant (the Lobster cost 70 bucks!). Afterward we went to this little park near the restaurant which was right off the bay, so it was a nice cool night with my girlfriend and the waterfront. Then came the dance, pictures galore and then home at 1:30AM.

I wish I could post a pic, but my scanner is on my other computer...

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Aww, now ain't that cute.. BUT IT'S WRONG!

:D

5. Mine is this friday, i'll post the pictures if i can scan them in.

6. Should've fixed your tie before the pic was taken. :D

Your girlfriend's pretty cute.

7. Gentlemen, we must save the young lady from that beast!

Oh, he's a tuba player. Nevermind then.

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
  9. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yes yes yes... lets all make fun of my tie... I fixed it shortly after we left my house.

But like he said, she's cute, so it really doesn't matter :D:D

And tuba players can do it even deeper than a bass player:eek: :cool:

10. Hi,

Could you please explain this homecoming thing to me? I see it all the time in movies but I have no idea what it means except for a party with some girl getting elected the Homecoming queen but that's about it. Who's coming home from where and why etc?

Thanks.

Cheers rOdy

PS I'm from Holland and we obviously don't have homecoming here.......

11. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Well, generally homecoming involves a very sacred and somewhat ritualistic marriage of all of the unwed chickens that are named Stan, Alice, or Shirley. It's really quite a scene.

No really.. I think someone who's still in high school or college can explain this better than me. It's been a few too many years for me to go into specific detail.

12. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Its the first of many stupid school dances usually welcoming back returning students.

13. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Homecoming is the big school dance of the fall. There is a special homecoming football game to celebrate it too. It is called homecoming becasue it is a time where alumni from past years can come home so to speak, hence the name. Returning alumni get into the dance for free, while it costs current students $16.

Basically, it is a chance for past students to come back and visit their friends.

The homecoming court is a populatiry contest. There is a prince elected for grades 9, 10, and 11, and a princess elected for grades 9, 10, and 11. The guy and gal elected for the 12th gradre are the king and queen.

14. all together now...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

15. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    yeah, laugh all you want..

16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

I won't laugh, you look like you could hurt me!:eek:

Hey Tuba, you forgot to explain the part of the "after party" where under aged kids get alcohol and girls dresses fly off like a kite in a storm. Ahh, memories...:cool:

17. Ok guys,

Thanks for the explanation. It's (a bit) clearer to me now. Well, to those who still have their homecoming coming (hahaha), enjoy! Don't drink and drive, always wear a rubber etc. Party on!

Cheers Rody

18. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The after party for homecoming is nothing more than breakfast at IHOP. They are open 24 hours a day.

The underage drinking and wild sex happens after prom, not homecoming. Well.. that is how it is here anyways.

19. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Waffle House and it seemed like every weekend. In a small town where at least one guy is related to a cop, the parties last a LONG time. And one of our good friends was the judges kid, we could get away with anything just about. Corruption, the other American way:rolleyes:

20. Very pretty girlfriend you've got there, Tuba.

Mike J.