homemade cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pfloyd_03, Jan 3, 2004.

1. pfloyd_03

Jan 1, 2004
    i've decided to build my own cab after looking around and finding nothing to suit my needs. i'm in a rock band that plays anything from pink floyd to hendrix to srv.from personal experience what would be the best 10 or 12 in. speakers to suit my needs?
  2. for vintage tone 15's would be nice but 12's would be good for that too. 10s if you want punchyness.
  3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    10s and 12s have a been getting good reviews lately. Unless you have a cabinet shop, I would think building your own cabs wouldn't be cost effective. Check out avatar's website. After you purchased all the materials and then put your time into it designing and assembling, you would probably be better off purchasing a new cabinet/s with a warranty. JMHO
  4. making your own cabs is a fun thing to do in your spare time, you learn stuff pluss you get a speaker box that has a chance of being good in the end, if its not good you hopefully learned something and will make another one that will be good. and you can always sell them for small amounts of money to local kids wanting a cheap bass cab if they arent exactly what you want, at least you can get some of your money back.