Homemade pedalboards/daisy chaining

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Aug 12, 2003.

1. With my recently sold Q tron, i've decided to use the money to make a pedal board. I've currently have 9 pedals, counting my stage tuner. I've got a ball park figure that it might cost about 50 dollers to build it, but with the rest of the money I have, I don't think I may have enough to buy adapters for all of my stompboxes. I've been thinking about daisy chaining all of my stompboxes together, and then just using the adapters I have for my Bass whammy and Danelectro tuner. But I've also been thinking about buying a Boss TU-2, since that double as a daisy chainer. But does daisy chaining affect your tone at all?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    okay, I don't know much about a lot of stuff like this, but what I can speculate, is that the only possible degradation in tone from having a long daisy chain, would be a weaker signal.
  3. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    1Spot, dude. It's made by Liquid audio, I believe, you can get the AC adapter and 2 daisy chains for about 25-30 bucks from Musician's Enemy. The adapter has a horizontal orientation, so it won't block other outlets, and the daisey chains that come with it fit most other companies' ac inputs. The only thing you need to worry about is a having a constant level of voltage. Household outlets do not always supply the same amount at all times, that can degrade your tone, like having a dying battery. I've heard that some people get hum introduced into their signal from AC outlets, but that's never been my experience. What you can do is just make sure your going through a regulated, even power supply, like a surge protecter. Having 9 pedals daisy chained won't affect your tone (other than the potential voltage issue) any more than having 9 pedals running on batteries in your signal. And remember, always keep power and audio cable away from each other to reduce noise.
  4. but with the 2 daisy chains, does it daisy chain 4 pedals (2 plugs for each chain?) or am I completly missing the point?

edit: looked on musicians friend, and definity liked what I saw. Does anyone else have some experiences with these?