homemade stand?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by mnormand, Sep 21, 2005.

1. mnormand

Mar 2, 2005
    Hi folks, I may have just acquired a low end 3/4 bass to keep around the house. I would like to build a wooden stand to keep it on while it sits in a corner not used.

Any plans to be found? I envision maybe two plywood pieces cut out accordingly, and attached with a hinge, that would fold in/out as needed.

2. Sounds good, build it and show the photo here, I need an easy one for my corner. I find it akward to bend down and find the cup to put the peg in.
  3. Somewhere I have seen a plywood stand that folds flat. When it is extended it be used as a stand for the bass or a stool for the player. I just can't remember if it was here in an older thread or maybe in Bob Gollihur's links
  4. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
  5. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    I've seen a simple one made like an open topped rectangular wooden box with the right dimensions to allow for the depth and width of the lower bouts and high enough for the endpin length. Maybe some padding on the upper side edges.

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
  7. jstiel

jstiel Jim Stiel

Jun 5, 2004
    Lake Orion, MI
    Does anyone have any plans to make one of those stands you see in the shops that usually go along a wall and hold several basses with the bass sitting in it sideways? Even a good picture would help.
  8. Matthew Tucker

Matthew Tucker Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 21, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Owner: Bresque Basses, Sydney Basses and Cellos
  9. jstiel

jstiel Jim Stiel

Jun 5, 2004
    Lake Orion, MI