1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Honda PC800 motorcycle, anyone own one?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by davkane, Sep 12, 2008.

1. davkane

davkane Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Chicago
    OK, here goes my sad story (and it is way off topic)...

I currently own a 1985 VT700C Honda Shadow (80's Japanese cruiser), I picked it up about 5 years ago with 19,000 and now she has 39,000 miles.

Up until this year, when it broke down, I was always able to order parts. But also, every year, she was broken down for a month or two during prime riding season (Up in Chicago the season is short). But I will ride until the weather dips into the 30's. For the 1st 3 years I worked about 7 miles from the house, now I work 20 miles away. Now I find the parts are pretty hard to come by. Needless to say, I have lost a wee bit of faith in her and I need a new (to me) bike.

As for the pc800, it is the descendant of my current bike dressed up like a scooter. the vt700c changed to the vt800c in and then became the pc800. The share quite a bit of the same stuff. But I like the scooter like trunk and the centerstand.

OK, I am a little dude at 5 foot 8, so something like the goldwing or most of the sport tourers I can not flatfoot. I can flatfoot most cruisers and the touring models tha make but they are so dang heavy. I can flat foot the PC800. Even honda has changed enough parts on the VT750C2 that it is not at all like my current bike, and in fact would be a step backwards technology wise.

So the real question I am asking, is that the PC800 had it last model released 10 years ago, are the reliable? are parts still available?