1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hondo Bass (or is it?) HJB-2N Limited info on web & odd headstock...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StevanW, Apr 6, 2015.

1. StevanW

StevanW

Apr 6, 2015
    none
    Does anyone know anything about this? Was the headstock altered, or original? Are those humbuckers? The pickgaurd is obviously damaged and the input jack needs to be replaced. I made an offer of $50 for this since it needs repair and I just have photos to go by...

IrCSoBJ.

xijsPcV.

xChOSJr.

H13nnz5.

uQtfH1i.

2. StevanW

StevanW

Apr 6, 2015
    none
    Sorry for the huge photos if you click on each it will appear better

3. It looks like the headstock was cut down by a previous owner. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement neck if you want to get it back to original condition, I've seen a few on ebay.

4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    The jack may just need a new nut to attach it back to the cover, or is it broken on the inside?

5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Yeah, it's been hacked. Not sure this bass would really be worth restoring to original condition, I'd say put as little as you can into it and rock it hard. Someone was commenting on those pickups in another old bass thread, don't recall whether it was good bad or neutral. I would replace the bridge, personally, I don't like the "two saddle" bridges, makes it impossible to get correct intonation. That's just me, plenty of people are happy with those.

6. I'm no expert, but I think that bass came with a bound neck with block inlays, and the truss rod adjustment would be at the headstock end, so this is probably a replacement neck. Slap a Squire Jazz neck on it and jam on!