Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HONDO BASSES ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BONZOBASS, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BONZOBASS

BONZOBASS

May 7, 2003
    i came across a p-bass that had no decal on the headstock,its definately a japanses bass because of certain similarities w/ other japanese basses,it has a very odd bridge which consits of a string through design,and the barrels are square brass blocks w/ holes in them for the string to pass through,i seen a hondo bass on e-bay and it had this very unique bridge and untill now never seen one like untill this hondo bass appeared on e-bay,i cant get a picture of my bass to you but if any of you out there have any pics(an older hondo bass) or info pertaining to this bass or unique style bridge(belive me if you seen one of these bridges ever,you would not forget it)please post a picture of the bass(or bridge) if you can please ? i am dying to find out what kind of bass it is and finally found some forensic evidence to aid my lifelong search(only 6 months in actualy)its been bugging me and cant belive another one of these basses has'nt poped up anywhere. which by the way sounds and plays as good as any p-bass i've encountered in its relitive pricerange THANKS FOR ANY HELP GIVEN;)PS i think its a hondo so please post any pics you can dig up:D

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've cleaned out the extraneous _CRAP_ that was in this thread. if all you amateur grammarians don't mind, can we not make corrections to poster grammar as the first response in a thread? that's really rude. save it for a few responses at least, huh?

as for the question, i'm sorry, but i don't have too much experience with hondos. good luck anyway.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What's the question? :confused:

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

i have an idea, how about you don't pariticipate in this thread? you don't have pictures of hondo basses, and you're just going to make some long drawn out spectacle about the poster's grammar. save me the work of deleting all your off-topic posts and just take it elsewhere.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    The string thru design you mention is not new or unique. As a matter of fact, Epiphone has been using it on their "Accu-bass" line for years.

[​IMG]

I don't want to say it's bad, but don't believe the bass is anything special because of that particular bridge.

Hondos are all right beginner instruments and at one point in their history made decent Fender copies. I wouldn't go on a hunt for a Hondo unless for nostalgic reasons. Plenty of other basses of the same quality out there.

6. I think I know the type of bridge you mean- saddles where the string bends over and exits down through the block into the body- EKO used this bridge, and made some P-bass copies.

actually IIRC British maker Iceni/Zoot used this bridge style on one their cheaper basses recently.

*EDIT* -yep- the same type that Blackbird refers to*

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you're having a very hard time following directions, aren't you? that's rhetorical. another post that's not on the topic of this thread specifically and completely and you're going to visit the time out box. i don't have time for this.

don't question me publicly again either.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So even if I know about Hondo basses you are barring me from posting in this thread?

Can you tell me to save me posting any more and you deleting them - can you advise other people of the new policy as well to save them time?

It seesm like we're giving this guy an awful lot of consideration - how much has he paid for this service?

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's it. i figured you'd get the picture with _THREE_ postings from me, but you're obviously not paying attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.