1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Hondo Fame Series 830 Foto Flame

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, May 5, 2018.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is an early 1980s, Korean made Hondo Fame Series 830 Precision bass.

These basses were the result of Hondo's endeavor to bring US and Japanese craftsmanship and manufacturing abilities deeper into the world economy by making basses in Korea. These were introduced into the market place as high quality, affordable entry level instruments.

This particular model is very special to me as this was the model that was my very first bass. I sold that one over 30 years and regretted it so I picked this up over 10 years ago as a nostalgia purchase and I was floored when I realized how good these are.

These basses are quite well made and have quality components.

The body is multi-piece ply construction with a photographic flame finish. The bass strings through the body by way of the old style Kramer brass block bridge. The neck is one piece of very nice maple with maple fingerboard and Grover machine heads as were standard on these basses.

This bass is a nice, thumping P killer. Very much in the 70s vibe of Fender P bass with a little bark to it.

This bass is overall very good condition. I have pictured the bit of wear here and there. Only issues are the bass is missing the original thumb rest and the tone pot is a little scratchy.

This ships in a period-appropriate chipboard hard case. Asking price is $sold shipped to the lower 48, add $25 to cross west of the Mississippi.

Please pm is you have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Nathan Peck

Nathan Peck How many licks does it take? Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2010
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Sadowsky Seymour Duncan Hipshot David Gage Czech-Ease Mono Kala UBass
    Very nice bass Roger, where's that one been hiding!

rogerbmiller likes this.
  3. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Looks,like that one I had,Roger,but didn't have the original neck like yours. Looks is in decent shape. GLWS!

rogerbmiller likes this.
  4. Marc DLarosa

Marc DLarosa Supporting Member

May 29, 2017
    I have one of these. TRUST ME... BUY IT!!!

rogerbmiller likes this.