1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Hondo Fame Series Precision style bass, Upgraded pots,and Pure tone jack

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chrome Dome, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome Chrome Dome Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Price:
    $275
    Strings:
    IMG_0389.JPG IMG_0390.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0392.JPG IMG_0393.JPG Bought this on a whim? Tobacco foto flame image,on the body got my attention? If you like relic'd basses,and mojo,this one has that! Still in good condition,and sounds and plays great. I decided to go a head,and buy. Don't ask me why,but after getting it and checking the background on these type basses,they were made back in the 80's/90's? The original neck,according to previous owner,had a broke truss rod,and he replaced the neck with a Mighty Mite,maple neck/fretboard. Also put the original brass tuners,on the replaced neck. Tuners are unique,never seen this type,has a wave curl to them? Has string through body brass bridge. It is a unique bass guitar to say the least,little on the heavy side,but I sit down when I play. I am replacing the wiring harness,with a new one,just bought from another TBer on here.Pots,were real noisy,and distorting.Don't know what type pickups it has,but will find out,later. Have some pictures,of the new wiring harness. Will add pictures,of the bass later. I am trying not to buy other basses,so I can get down to just two basses,hopefully? If interested PM me. I accept PayPal,for payment,or Postal Money Order.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Sorry,for all the editing? Couldn't get it looking like I wanted. OCD kicking in,I guess? Here are pictures,of the new pots,and wiring harness,will install soon as I get them/Monday? IMG_1626.JPG IMG_1627.JPG

Khronic likes this.
  3. Rockonjp76

Rockonjp76

Aug 8, 2016
    716, NY
    open to offers?

4. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Yes,I am within reason?

5. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    This looks really cool!
    Too bad I'm not in the market.

Chrome Dome likes this.
  6. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    IMG_0582.JPG IMG_0583.JPG IMG_0586.JPG Been reading,and some background checks,on these Fame Series Hondo's they came out with Demarzio pickups. Probably spelled wrong. Finding out also the body,is lamented layers,of ash,and walnut wood. Tried to show it these pictures. Some of the lines are from blinds in the window.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    AGH, kinghat90 and hondo4life like this.
  7. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Wish I could find a Hondo Fame Series water slide decal,to put on the Mighty Mite neck?

8. kinghat90

kinghat90

Apr 18, 2014
    Portland, OR
    I had one of those but it said "Turbo Electrics" on the head stock. Body looked identical.

How could I pass up a bass called turbo?

Chrome Dome likes this.
  9. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    You could put Turbo Electrics decal,on the head stock,it has a place for one! LOL

10. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    BUMP

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  11. kinghat90

kinghat90

Apr 18, 2014
    Portland, OR
    Chrome Dome likes this.
  12. Squint

Squint

Feb 22, 2017
    Louisville, KY
    I assume this is 34 inch scale?
    Is the aftermarket neck a thicker p or thinner jazz style neck? (Nut width would be helpful if known)
    Lastly, does this price include shipping?

Thanks.

Chrome Dome likes this.
  13. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Yes it is 34 inch scale Mighty Mite neck,with 1.5" at the nut. Thinner Jazz style neck. Shipping is included in the price.

14. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The vast majority of sentences in this entire thread end with question marks? It's freaking me out a little? I don't know what to think about It?

Nice bass OP? Good luck with your sale?

15. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    Have one of those here bought b/c of the body looks and knowing what it had parts-wise.
    Tuners are highly-prized Grover wavey tuners, best tuners ever made IMO.
    Pickups are most-likely Dimarzio patent-applied for OR just Dimarzio(similar to DP-122's).
    Good P-clone with great parts, massive bridge, and a faster neck than the Hondo stock one which is sort of like a P/J mixed a bit chunky like a P but not as wide as a P.
    Your price is a good one.

I'd buy it if one wasn't here already.

FenderTuni and Chrome Dome like this.
  16. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Thank you,Johnny Crab,appreciate the information. It plays,and sounds great,I replaced the pots,and input jack. Just don't need 6 bass guitars!

17. GrooveDaddy

GrooveDaddy Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Southern California
    Cool bass. What's the weight, approximately? Tx.

Chrome Dome likes this.
  18. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Weight is right at 9lbs.

19. FenderTuni

FenderTuni

Jan 30, 2012
    Philadelphia
    If I had seen this post 3 weeks ago I would have definitively bought this bass.....I am assembling different p-bass parts and even I got good prices for them I have spent around 400 USD :(

Chrome Dome likes this.
  20. Chrome Dome

Sep 17, 2013
    Piqua,Ohio 45356
    Surprised you didn't see,it has been posted since April 2017?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021