1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Hondo Longhorn w/ Dimarzio Area P & LaBella Flats NOW $190

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by e-flat, Jan 13, 2016.

1. e-flat

e-flat

Jun 15, 2009
    Washington State
    Price:
    $190
    Strings:
    519CECFB-DD2B-4B98-B6A8-1354B426BF2E_zpsivmytir0.jpg PRICE DROP: $190

THE GOOD:

I've got an early '80s Hondo Longhorn that has served me well, but I recently built myself a P-Bass that is getting all the P-Action, and I need to move this one on down the road.

Cream finish that fades to a copper at the edges, and someone installed a metal pickup surround which looks really cool so I kept it on there.

I currently have a set of LaBella 760FL flatwounds on her which are fully broken in (about 2 years or so of use) and a Dimarzio Area P (Alnico 2) pickup which sounds great. I will include the original Hondo "Dimarzio Model P"-style generic pickup as well as a new set of All Parts cream P covers. (Still in package) The bass has the original brass nut and bridge, and includes a well-worn original brown pleather case that is not the greatest but serviceable.

I have also swapped the old .047uf cap out for an Orange Drop .1uf.

THE BAD: (Ok, not SO bad...)
    When swapping pickups, the old pickup screws were incredibly locked up. I had to remove the screws, and in the case of the bottom screw (high string side) a piece of the screw tip remains embedded in the wood. I installed the new Area P pickup around this issue, but if you want to get maximum height adjustment ability you will probably want to go in & clean this up. Just needs a little TLC, but all wiring & electronics are 100% and if it doesn't bug you then you could just leave it & have a fully functional bass.

I really don't want to ship an inexpensive bass like this if I can help it. I'm in central Washington State. If you want to pick it up, I'l buy you a coffee.

If you want it shipped, I'll definitely pack it well but request that buyer pays full ACTUAL shipping.
    548DB1F5-C942-4D50-9B1A-A21913BF4DDF_zpscexafy9m.jpg
    E346A20A-26A6-4A18-A661-601467ECED26_zpshkeg1ldj.jpg
    4AC60696-12F4-473C-BE28-5BF110CCEDE2_zpsd1aukz9y.jpg
    3AA1DE1D-5F28-48DA-9E90-74659544AA59_zpsendi30fb.jpg
    240510BA-F9D2-46A0-86EC-843C281EF826_zpsavgc2voy.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. Stifffingers

Stifffingers

Feb 21, 2014
    PMed

3. e-flat

e-flat

Jun 15, 2009
    Washington State
    I've had a bit of interest but this is still available.
    Low price for an awesome, unique bass.

4. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    PMed.....

5. e-flat

e-flat

Jun 15, 2009
    Washington State
    Pictures added (sorry for the delay!)

6. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Payment sent.....

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021