Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

honest Indonesia people

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brian Barrett, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Funny had a buddy of mine call to say " hey man, I think your stolen warwick has popped up on ebay". Well yes it has. I remember a few Indonesia talkbass guys one hear so I figured I'd see what you all can do.
    Heres the bass when I sold it:
    http://www.angelfire.com/tn/briansbass/page248.html

And here it is on ebay right now.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=879258105

I'm Not sure how to go about trying to get it, but I do have police reports.

I believe he should have used my pics for ebay, there much nicer :rolleyes:

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Good luck, Brian. Hopefully there is something you can do to the guy.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Wow. :( That's got to be a bittersweet thing, seeing that on Ebay now. Like Jeff said, I hope you can get the guy (or at least get the bass back!). Good luck.

4. Brian, That really sucks, I hope there is something you or someone can do to get your bass back. She sure looks mighty pretty.... I have heard stories here in San Diego about people visiting Tajuana seeing thier stolen SUV go by with a Federali driving it...:eek: Um! one more thing maybe I missed somthing but didn't you say that you sold it? I don't understand what happend.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i think what happened is that
    there was a guy in indonesia with a fake cedit card who was commiting fraud.
    he bought the bass.
    and he never got paid for it!
    so that is stolen!
    and here it is.
    what idiots really!!!
    i sure hope you get your bass back!!

steve

6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    That really sucks about the bass. I think if I was in your shoes i would be steaming. Good luck with getting some compensation. On a bit of a lighter note... I see that you are located in Memphis! I was wondering how you work test drives... I'd love to drop by and play that Cirrus 5 you have on your website.:D Thanks and good luck with the bass affair.

7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    moparpunk281 is correct. That whatr happened. I was alittle pissed at my credit card service as well because when I asked if everything looked ok on the credit card they said they didn't see any problems, so I felt safe sending it.

iplaybass

Feel free to give me a call and let me know when you would like to stop by.

thanks
    brian

8. The one thing I've learned on ebay is to always, always, always wait for the money to make it to your bank account before you even consider making a visit to UPS.

9. I remember the thread when your bass got stolen. That totally sucks. Good luck getting it back, hope you get it back.

10. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    i remember your story of the stolen bass...

I think it's possible to give 10 bucks to a poor indonesian, i'm sure he ll cut the fingers of that guy... No fingers can't play the bass....

:D :D :D

11. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    well hook me up with one and I'll pay him :D

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    Hey brian its Jon in nashville (originally from memphis) When Is the tennessee talkbass get together gonna happen. we need some love. hope you get the bass back.

13. frankosaurus

frankosaurus

Feb 27, 2002
    San Jose
    a woman in my band got her guitar and amp stolen out of her car a couple months ago... she monitored ebay for the next few weeks, and sure enough, it showed up! she contacted the police and ebay and got all her stuff back!

hope you have the same good luck getting your stuff.

14. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Maybe Namm we all need to hook up. Its July 19-21.

I know JAUQO III-X & Regie Wooten are playing one night. Maybe we can all hook up at at the show. Maybe JAUQO III-X will see this and let us know the scoop.

15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey dude here is a idea! Make the highest bid on the bass and win it! Then when you win it tell him you need his shipping address so you can send him a american money order! Then when you get the addy report it to the police! But personally me id buy it then tell the guy that you were planning a trip there any way so you will pic it up by hand! Then when you get there shoot the little @#$@ in the hand and take it.. Hehe just kidding there has to be a way you an rip him off and get it back!

16. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ya the highest bid thing sounds like it would work.
    and if not and it happens to be another bass.
    which i am pretty shure that it isn't. then you got yourself a new bass.
    ask him his adress so you can send a money order. because you want really soon.
    or something like that

steve

17. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    If it's the guy that stole it, he won't give out his real address (Brian already had one address, the one he shipped it to - apparently that wasn't enough for local authorities to get him).

18. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Id talk to the police again and tell them the thing that is going on here and ask them if there is any way to get this back? Say i can see it selling on ebay now! And this person might tell the addy if he wants his money!

19. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Tennessee Talkbass? I'm in.

20. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    I guess I need to start a new thread "Tennessee talkbass" so we can get JAUQO III-X attention and give us a heads up where he's playing at NAMM.