Honest Opinions:

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HWK2, Oct 11, 2000.

1. I've tried posting this in this forum before, so lets try again. I am looking to, sometime in the not so far future buy a new bass. I have seen, and liked the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Bass, and although I have not seen the Gibson, I will assume that it is that much better still. I like the style of the Les Paul, and I think it suits the fact that I play no particular style of music (Classic enough for Jazz and Classical :p and as the members of Bad Religion would say, you only play Punk on Gibsons!). I am looking to spend somewhere in the 400-600 range on this instrument, and I am wondering what everyone opinion is?

PS: I am not a fan of the Fenders soo much as I was when I first started playing, I don't know why, but I seem to need all 24 frets.. Although, PLZ, nothing more than a 4 string. All you crasy guys with your 800 string basses drive me nuts! This means you JT! :) :) :) :) LOL!
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You don't like Fenders, in spite of the fact that pretty much anything (including Ibanez) sounds better than a Gibson bass. Gibson makes great guitars, but their basses ain't so hot. I like the look too, but that's just because I like the look of a Paul.