1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Honey Badger Pickups FRS Dual Coils, 6 string, Bartolini P4 shape

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Spfairchild, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Price:
    These 6 string dual coil bass pickups are in a Bartolini P4 size / shaped housing and feature gorgeous bubinga covers. They're essentially this model with a couple differences: FRS Dual Coil

The differences being that these use single, large diameter magnet poles (like a StingRay) rather than pairs of smaller diameter magnet poles (like traditional Jazz bass). These can be used in parallel or single coil mode, and the bridge position one can be used in series as well.

They were a test set made specifically for me to try out a feature set not yet fully locked down, and as such there ended up being one anomaly with the neck pickup - it doesn't seem to have a normally functioning series wiring mode, but both can be used in single coil (outside coil) or parallel mode. The bridge pickup can also be used in series. When the neck is switched to series, only the single coil signal is output.

They are truly beautiful pickups that have only been installed once and played on for a very short amount of time. It would be great to see someone get more use out of them than I have. Due to the large magnet poles, they should be able to accommodate string spacing from 16.5mm to 18.5mm or so. Maybe even a full 19. They are internally shielded. If you configure a set on the site linked to above, you'll see the cost per pair of these is normally $490.

iXB1Yi7.

F5wCZCv.

4ZOruVO.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    I'll take them.

Spfairchild likes this.
  3. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    You got it! Messaging soon.

I'll leave this ad up until payment is received.