1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Honey Blonde HW1 w/Aftermarket P/G ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jo6Pak, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    I've had my HW One P-Bass for several months now and, although it plays like butter, I still hate the way it looks. The stock white guard was out of the question, so I initially put a black one on it, but didn't like that either. Currently it has the pearloid black (shown Below) and although it looks 'ok' at best, it still leaves something to be desired. Before I shell out another ~$40 for a third one, I would appreciate some pics if any are out there. I am tempted to go tort on its azz, but would like to see it first. Please post if you have something I don't. THANKS!

P-Bass002.

2. That things needs the tort guard. I say go for it. Here are some pics (not mine):

2247777732_b628f70622.

2247779150_6338fb3d8c.

[​IMG]

3. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    I think this is what u are looking for?!

DSC06416.

4. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    whoa... same time post!

5. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Thanks guyz, but are any of those actually 'honey blonde'? A couple look like white and one even looks pink (could be angle/flash/etc). The honey blonde is a strange color, not really what I would call 'blonde', rather more of a beige. I wouldn't exactly call it 'honey' either. Thanks again...

6. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    +1

7. Tort all the way!

8. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Another option I am considering is creme pearloid or even white pearloid, although I really don't want to go back to white. What about mint? Too close to 'white' ? Parchment? That is very near white also, I suppose. Probably tort is gonna work best. Hey, what about abalone?

9. Tort! That pearloid black is just heinous.

10. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    I know, I thought it would be 'blacker'...

11. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    The one I posted is Honey Blonde.

12. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Thanks, Bro'. I also notice yours has the notch at the heel for truss adjustment (which I want). Which p/g is that, the 4-ply '62? do you still have the Fender part number (assuming its Fender) and/or know where I can get one like it? There are plenty on ebay without the notch, but I want the notch...

THANKS!

13. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Honey Blonde and Stew Mac Tort pickguard without truss rod notch. I had to Dremel the notch out, wasn't hard at all but it's a tad off-center. Got indoor and outdoor photos for you.

DSC06356-1.
    DSC06524-1.

14. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    62' RI Fenders fit. The notch is a bit small, but its a minor con. FWIW, Jeanie Pickguards could cut you a perfect guard. Dremel + Guard = Bad Idea.

15. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    the genuine Fender '62 Tort guard serial is 0992021000.

You can get it from a music store or online.

16. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Thanks, everyone. '62 tort it shall be...

17. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Not tort!!!! Anything but tort!!!!! It makes me want to cry.

Personally I quite like the plain white. Plain black also looks good. If you don't want either of them, how about gold? I wouldn't do it, but some people like it.

Something like this:
    [​IMG]

18. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Ya know, that doesn't look bad with the maple neck. Not sure I'd care for it with the rosewood (mine), but it did cross my mind...

19. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Rosewood neck? Care for this?

20. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    I don't see a rosewood neck, or a guitar for that matter...