1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Honey Jaguar Bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Bassist13, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Bassist13

Bassist13

Nov 19, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    [​IMG]

This is a little taste shot of the color. Looks a little orange peelish right now but its currently drying its last coat of clear before I do a wetsand/polish to it. Used to be a HHR Jaguar.

2. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    You've uh, got it upside down there, buddy. :p

3. Bassist13

Bassist13

Nov 19, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    aha ya, its hanging from the battery cavity on the back and I happened to snap the pic while crouching in a somewhat awkward position :p. had to move it indoors for the night from the shed I've been using as its a tad bit cold out tonight.

4. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Oooh the battery cavity. I thought that screw in the neck pocket was keeping it up and was confused, that wouldn't be a very conventional way of doing things :p Definitely an interesting color. I'm thinking that it will look really cool.

5. Bassist13

Bassist13

Nov 19, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    ya well it does work like that too. I have a super high powered directional magnet that I point at the screw and it holds it up just right..aha. wasn't my first color of choice but Ill snap a pic tomorrow ( or maybe tonight.. dun dun dun.) with the neck and a few parts mocked up. Matches the tint of the inlays quite nicely.:)

6. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I like it!

7. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I definitely dig yellow, as an all around color. This could end up pulling off yellow bass much better than a bright, sunflower-yellow would, though I like a lot of those, too. Really looking forward to it.

8. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    Ahhhhhhhhhh, a custom painted Jaguar. Be still my beating heart!

9. Bassist13

Bassist13

Nov 19, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    [​IMG]

Sorry Ladies and Gents, Picture decided it looks better upside down when I uploaded it to imageshack. But this is a little sampler of what it will look like when all said and done. :hyper:

Edit. Having a new pickgaurd made since I no longer use the active electronics so it will cover the top void. everything else will be how it was.

10. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    Okay, those pics were bugging me...

16hq5nl.

11. Bassist13

Bassist13

Nov 19, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    Thank you Beej. I probably would have done the same eventually...:bag:

little idea that I'm throwing around is maybe cream or white Pickup covers !? whats everyones thoughts on it.

12. that's absolutely beautiful

13. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    I love it....But whats up with the mismatched socks?

14. Bassist13

Bassist13

Nov 19, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    Thanks Luke. As for the socks, well when your making your bass look good you don't have time to make yourself look good too :p.

15. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Matching headstock.... screaming for it.

16. I concur

17. Bassist13

Bassist13

Nov 19, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    was actually wondering that, but looks like you guys also agree. Tossing around the idea of maybe antique white on the headstock, not exactly matching but more of accenting.
    I'm Curious to hear what fellow TB'ers think I should about logo/no logo decal..

18. If it were mine it would have a mathcing headstock same as the body color , and a black guard.

19. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Very cool! Definitely needs a matching headstock...what color pickguard are you gonna put on it? I like the idea of the cream pickup covers too...You've convinced me to to refinish both of my SX Jags!

20. Definitely matching headstock, to the body.