Hoobastank's bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Feb 26, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Does anybody know what bass this guy is playing? I've seen them play live on TV at least a half-dozen times now, and I've seen them in person 2 times, with the 3rd coming in two weeks (opening for 311!), and he's Always playing the same 5-string. I can't tell what it is, but have never gotten a close look at it. It looks to me to be an MTD or a Modulus, but I really don't have a clue. Any ideas here?
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Im almost positive that its a MTD.
  3. how come they all sound the same? can't distiguish one from the other, so what's the difference:oops:
  4. Nope, I'm pretty sure it is a Pedulla Rapture J2 5 string in "Candy Teal". At least that is the one he is playing in the "Crawling in the dark" video.
  5. moweezil

Dec 2, 2001
    It says he plays MTD's on the album insert.
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    i've only seen one video with them and he is playing an MTD bass in it\
  7. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Plus...it seems like he's going through a nice little Aguilar rig in that video. I don't know but it seems like his rig is way too nice for the type of music they play :D (don't get me wrong, I think they're pretty decent). Plus, that setup is not bringing the bass out that much.
    That or I'm jealous...

PBFACTOR Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Boise, ID
  9. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I really was thinking that's what this is that he's always using. Thanks for the answers! Oh, and live, he's always using Ampegs. At least that's what I've always seen on TV and at thier shows.
  10. Hipnotic

Feb 26, 2002
    CT/NY U.S.A.
    I've seen them live. It is definately an MTD535. He raves about the MTD on the Hoobastank site. Looks like a quilted maple top in coral blue. :cool:
  11. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Pedulla? i saw them and tried to talk to the cat but he was too busy breaking his gear down. its an MTD 535 USA Custom (straight from the horse's mouth). Nice nice bass and it sounded awesome live. On the CD it sounds like poop to me. But live it gave me an appreciation for the band so.... good for them I guess.
  12. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    when i saw them live he had aggie cabs, no amps were visable on stage, i could see it behind his cabs and i am pretty sure it was an aggie preamp/poweramp set up. i think he had two of each in racks....oh well...
  13. You actually go and pay to see these guys?
  14. You actually go and pay to see these guys?
  15. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I do go, and pay (sometimes), to see them when they are opening for Incubus and 311.
  16. Its an MTD but he doesn't put it good use.
    Incubus rip-off!
  17. Remeber the group Lit? Hoobastank, 311, Nickel Bag, Puddle of Mudd, Phatom Planet, Jimmy Eat World, will follow their path into obscurity, in three months, if you post anything about Hoobastank, people will have a big fat question mark, Hooba Dooba who? hehehehe
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Actually, 311 has had a pretty good following for several years. And no, I'm not a 311 fan, at least not of their newer stuff. Their older stuff is pretty good.
  19. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Ya beat me to it, Jeff. ;)

311 doesn't belong in the same list as the other bands you mentioned, MB, in my opinion. And 311's bassist (P-Nut) blows the other bands' bass players out of the water. Again, in my opinion.

This thread has turned more into a Bassists type of topic, or maybe even Misc.

20. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Actually- im really very happy for all these bands that are living their dream- theyre young an now is the time to have that- and that he plays MTD shows hes aware- you may not dig their stuff- but theyre selling records- nothing wrong with that - my best wishes to them