1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hook for older Fender P bass for "A string rattle"

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Thumpking, Oct 26, 2013.

  1. Thumpking


    Sep 14, 2010
    Hey gang. I have a 2012 American Fender Jazz Deluxe and a 1998 American Fender P Deluxe. The 98 P has the dreaded A string rattle, which can be overcome mostly with at least 3 winds kept low on the peg. Fender added the hold hook to the new ones to fix this. Has anyone added one of these to an older P bass? Maybe the round type? (I think I have seen this before) Thanks!
  2. hdracer


    Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    It is called a "Strong Arm"
    They are made by Hipshot exclusively for Fender and Fender will not sell them.

    I bought a set of tuners off of a 2012 Deluxe Jazz from ebay seller "thestratosphere"and took the strongarm off of the one tuner and replaced it with the washer off mine and resold the new tuners for the same price I paid for them.

    They have 4-5 necks with them on them for sale right now......


    I just saw these, They have one on it.

    You should be able to sell the new tuners for $80-100 without the srtongarm.
  3. Thumpking


    Sep 14, 2010
  4. I am wondering if somebody good at metal fabrication could not whip one of these in 10-15 minutes. Basically you would have to cut the washer shape and the arm as one piece with a laser/water cutter, then bend it right? :)

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.