Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hooked on Bongo's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by leishan, Mar 27, 2004.

1. leishan

leishan

Aug 11, 2002
    Medina, TN
    I went to the Guitar Center in Memphis this morning to try out a FNA Jazzman-tried it out and loved it-now I just gotta sell a few more things to buy it.

While I was looking around, a salesman asked what I thought about the orange 5-string Bongo that was hanging there staring at me. I had just told my wife that they definately looked better in person, but I still couldn't understand why you guys loved them so much.

Well, the salesman insisted that I play it and he proceeded to plug it in. OH MY GOSH!!!!! The thing played and sounded great!!! I still think it looks a little funky, but hey, it's definately growing on me. I just had to tell someone--no one else really understands..... :rolleyes:

2. leishan

leishan

Aug 11, 2002
    Medina, TN
    Sorry man, I was just beside myself..... :bag:

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    There are several "I can't believe I like a bongo" threads, haha. :D

Anyway, I played one, and I really didn't like it one bit. I don't like Stingray's either though. Spector and Warwick all the way. Rock on. :bassist:

4. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I think I'm the only person who likes the looks but not the sound.

5. leishan

leishan

Aug 11, 2002
    Medina, TN
    I will have to definately agree on the Warwicks. As soon as I get some of my guitar stuff sold, I'll have a FNA Jazzman (or maybe a Thumb, if the price is right).