1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hooked on Bongo's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by leishan, Mar 27, 2004.

1. leishan

leishan

Aug 11, 2002
    Medina, TN
    I went to the Guitar Center in Memphis this morning to try out a FNA Jazzman-tried it out and loved it-now I just gotta sell a few more things to buy it.

While I was looking around, a salesman asked what I thought about the orange 5-string Bongo that was hanging there staring at me. I had just told my wife that they definately looked better in person, but I still couldn't understand why you guys loved them so much.

Well, the salesman insisted that I play it and he proceeded to plug it in. OH MY GOSH!!!!! The thing played and sounded great!!! I still think it looks a little funky, but hey, it's definately growing on me. I just had to tell someone--no one else really understands..... :rolleyes:

2. leishan

leishan

Aug 11, 2002
    Medina, TN
    Sorry man, I was just beside myself..... :bag:

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    There are several "I can't believe I like a bongo" threads, haha. :D

Anyway, I played one, and I really didn't like it one bit. I don't like Stingray's either though. Spector and Warwick all the way. Rock on. :bassist:

4. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I think I'm the only person who likes the looks but not the sound.

5. leishan

leishan

Aug 11, 2002
    Medina, TN
    I will have to definately agree on the Warwicks. As soon as I get some of my guitar stuff sold, I'll have a FNA Jazzman (or maybe a Thumb, if the price is right).