Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hooked on classics, classic ampeg cabs that is

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb56, Feb 29, 2004.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yeah I know they're not for everybody but for some reason they are the right sound for me. I sold my 610hlf last summer because it was a pain to drag up and down stairs by myself. I also had some issues with the cheapness (IMO) of the materials they use to make these cabs, BUT I can't deny the Ampeg classic cab tone is the tone for me. Anyway I've been kicking myself for selling the 610hlf lately. Yesterday my wife and i were in town killing some time before my gig so we went into the local Ampeg dealer. I looked at a used Ampeg 410 cab that was pretty well worn when my wife said "why don't you just get a new one?" :D She then pointed to the 90 days same as cash sign on the wall. So I put about half down and rolled it out the door. Sounded great at the gig saturday night with my Bag End deep 15 cab under it. Eventually I'll get another Ampeg cab to put under it. Yeah I still have some issues with the way they are made but last night I felt like I finally had "my tone" back. :hyper: My wife said she's going to make a cover for it so maybe that will help keep it from getting too dinged up. She's the greatest :)