1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

hooking CA-9 up Corectly in mono mode

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, May 26, 2005.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi

Setting up the Ampeg SVP-CL into the Crest CA-9 in Mono Mode.

Should I be Running Mono 1/4 inch from one out put on the Pre to Imput "A" or should it be 2 Mono 1/4 inch's into a Stereo 1/4 inch Imput "A"?

Hooked like it it says first I seem to be Hotter in the A channel (although B has signal) these is not exteme.

Suggestion on Sensitivity?

AJ

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    You can run a 1/4" patch cord from your preamp's output into your CA-9's Channel A input. I'm going by memory but to put the amp into mono-bridge mode, the mode selector switch on the amp's back panel should be in it's upward position.

You can look at the CA-9's online manual by going to:
    www.crestaudio.com

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    the Manual Illistrates a stereo 1/4 inch (the Picture)

How do I know I have the sensitivity correct?

4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I use a mono 1/4' cable to run my CA-9, but I run mine in parallel/stereo. I've only ran it bridged once, but it worked fine with the same patch cord. :confused:

The input sensitivity is controlled internally.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The diagram on the back of the amp is actually very nicely done, and visually shows you which setting for stereo (use both inputs A and B, and control volumes independantly via front panel controls), parallel mono (use input A only, and control volume for each channel via the front panel controls), and bridged mono (use input A only, and control volume using the front panel control for Channel A only). If you have it set to parallel mono (the middle setting, I believe), and you have both front panel gain controls at the same setting, but one channel is louder than the other, then I would check with Crest, as this does not sound right. Their customer service, BTW, is really excellent.

Hope this helps, Tom.