Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hooking CA-9 up Corectly in mono mode

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, May 26, 2005.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi

Setting up the Ampeg SVP-CL into the Crest CA-9 in Mono Mode.

Should I be Running Mono 1/4 inch from one out put on the Pre to Imput "A" or should it be 2 Mono 1/4 inch's into a Stereo 1/4 inch Imput "A"?

Hooked like it it says first I seem to be Hotter in the A channel (although B has signal) these is not exteme.

Suggestion on Sensitivity?

AJ

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    You can run a 1/4" patch cord from your preamp's output into your CA-9's Channel A input. I'm going by memory but to put the amp into mono-bridge mode, the mode selector switch on the amp's back panel should be in it's upward position.

You can look at the CA-9's online manual by going to:
    www.crestaudio.com

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    the Manual Illistrates a stereo 1/4 inch (the Picture)

How do I know I have the sensitivity correct?

4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I use a mono 1/4' cable to run my CA-9, but I run mine in parallel/stereo. I've only ran it bridged once, but it worked fine with the same patch cord. :confused:

The input sensitivity is controlled internally.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The diagram on the back of the amp is actually very nicely done, and visually shows you which setting for stereo (use both inputs A and B, and control volumes independantly via front panel controls), parallel mono (use input A only, and control volume for each channel via the front panel controls), and bridged mono (use input A only, and control volume using the front panel control for Channel A only). If you have it set to parallel mono (the middle setting, I believe), and you have both front panel gain controls at the same setting, but one channel is louder than the other, then I would check with Crest, as this does not sound right. Their customer service, BTW, is really excellent.

Hope this helps, Tom.