Hooking it up (Profet +410+1518) NOOB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Apr 18, 2005.

1. :help:

Up until recently I was a combo player, but now, I decided to go vertical, and here's what I have:

Warwick Profet II (4Ohm)
    Warwick 410 Cab (8Ohm)
    Trace Elliot 1518 (8Ohm)

The Profet has 2 speaker outs, but they are diferent types.
    It has an XLR and a Speakon out.
    with the head I received an XLR cable to connect to the cab, so Im using that.

Now, the 410 has 2 XLR connectors on the back and 2 Jack connectors which I assume are for the speakon Cables.
    likein this sequence: (Jack XLR,XLR,Jack)
    The Trace Has the same setup on the back.

Which would be the best way to hook these up in order to be running the cabs at 4Ohm so as to get the best output out of the amp?

Is there any noticeable diference in using Speakons instead of XLR's? the speakons are double the price of the XLR's out here...

also, does it make a diference which of the Connectors I hook the cables onto? (like Left or right on the cab)

Keep in mind im a Noob as far as these setups go. :bag:
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Use another XLR to connect the spare XLR on the Warwick Cab to the XLR on the Trace cab. Assuming no one has been buggering around with the wiring that should give you a 4ohm load (2 8ohm cabs in parallel).

It is highly unlikley that the input/output on either of those cabs is wired in series - I used to own a 411pro and that definately was not wired in series.

Edit: That was a round about way of saying that you can use either jack on either cab and you will get the desired result. There is no "input" and "output" jacks, they both function as either.
  3. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    The warwicks are wired in paralell. All you need to do is either use the XLR or Speakon and go from that to one cab, out of that cab into the other.
  4. Great! thanks guys.

About the Speakon / XLR thing, are there any advantages in using one or the other?