hooking up a combo to a head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shoelacenoose, Mar 3, 2005.

1. shoelacenoose

Apr 4, 2004
    I'm planning on buying the Kustom Groove Head (1200 watts) and an avatar 4x10 cab. I now own a fender bxr200 amp combo (15 inch speaker) and an Ibanez sr405 and a fretless pbass. My question is: will the 4x10 and the kustom head have good lows for my 5er? and will I be able to power the BXR and 4x10 thorugh the kustom head? thanks!
  2. First of all how do you expect to hook up the BXR combo to the head? If you try going out from the amp to the input of the combo amp your going to blow one of the two up being way too much power is being sent to the combo pre amp. If you have a 410 bass cab they for the most part can handle low Bs no problem, but different brands are always different of course and i have no experience with this brand. I wouldnt both hooking up your combos to this amp unless you have a reason that you didnt explain or i dont understand, if so please re explain.
  3. if you are gonna connect your comb to your head, you could either buy an a/b/y box or something that splits the signal from your bass and then run one to each amp's input. or if you like the preamp on one of your amps better than the other and they both have effects loop you could take a cable to the SEND from the amp with the preamp you like best and then send that to the RETURN of the other
  4. CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    you could send a signal from the effects loop send or preamp out from the groove bass to the effects return or power amp in on the fender as has been previously explained but it probably won't make much or any difference in the sound. the 410 and the head will probably sound much better on their own. i'm sure you will get much more bass than you have now. probably more than you really need.