Hooking up a preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gord, May 22, 2007.

  1. Gord


    Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    Hey guys,
    I just got my ampeg svp-cl in the mail, and before I set it up, I have a question. What kind of cable do I use from preamp to power amp? A normal instrument cable, or the thicker cables used to go from amp to cabinet? I don't want to blow anything up, so I'm asking here first
  2. anderbass


    Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    You can just use a normal instrument cord, or possibly also a balanced TRS or mic cord,
    (if all your gear is equipped for them)
    A speaker cable would work, but could/would cause undesirable results.
  3. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Jun 12, 2021

Share This Page