1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hooking Up Effects In Loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ironhorse, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse

Oct 22, 2008
    Ft. Gibson, OK
    Hi, new guy here...
    I have a GK1001RB II that I want to put in a rack an hook up a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer. I also want to hook up a rack style tuner that I havent purchased yet. I would like to do it on the effects in/out of my amp, but I am sorta new to this and am not sure how to put the cables. Also any help on a decent rack tuner that does the job but doesnt cost an arm and a leg would be appreciated.
    Oh yeah...this is my first post....read alot of info on here....thanks for the tips guys/gals.

G&L L2000
    Peavey Fury IV
    GK 1001RB II
    BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
    Carvin 410
    Peavey 118

2. Just take the send from the effects loop of your amp and put it in the input of the SM, then take the output from the SM and put it back to the return on the effects loop.

If its available, when running in the effects loop you want to pad on the Sm to be set at +4, not -10.

Also with a tuner, you kinda get what you pay for. Id try to stay away from anything cheap. Going used is also your best bet. Check out for some korg stuff, either the DT-1 (like me), the DTR1 or the DTR 1000.

3. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1

Pretty simple to set up and you'll be a happy camper.

If you're adding any other effects in the loop, just make sure they're line level and made to go in a loop. Modulation effects sound the best, leave gain pedals going straight into the front of the amp.

4. ironhorse

ironhorse

Oct 22, 2008
    Ft. Gibson, OK
    Thanks guys....sounds easy enough, cant wait to try this processor out in different venues.

5. ironhorse

ironhorse

Oct 22, 2008
    Ft. Gibson, OK
    One more question....sorry, ment to ask this earlier. Excane you said "If its available, when running in the effects loop you want to pad on the Sm to be set at +4, not -10" what is this pad? I have on the processor a low contour control and a process control. Is one of these what you are referring too?
    Thanks again...I will be looking around the pawn shops for a decent tuner.

6. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Without a doubt, stay away from the Behringer rack tuner (this is of course my opinion here). It tracks fairly well, but it doesn't seem to register anything lower than an A. I got one for a b-day present a couple years ago, and use it for the lights on stage, and I tune w/ harmonics so it'll work for me, but it just doesn't seem to like the bass at all.

7. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY

That was JimiLL who said that, not me ;)

8. ironhorse

ironhorse

Oct 22, 2008
    Ft. Gibson, OK
    Oooops...your so right Excane, okay back to you JimiLL. Also I see there are several players here that do not agree with Behringer Rack Tuner....guess I'll lean toward Korg, unless someone has another type rack tuner thats under $200.