Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hooking up SVT410 and 115E to SVT350H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bza Triumphant, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Bza Triumphant

Bza Triumphant

Feb 17, 2006
    I need some help with my set up. Currently I am running an Ampeg SVT 350H with an Ampeg SVT 410HLF. I have been thinking about picking up the SVT 115E to add to the stack. 4x10 plus 1x15 would be insane. I am not sure if the head I have can handle the set up as a whole. The SVT 410HLF has two imputs on the back of the cab and runs at 4 ohms. The SVT 350H has two outs reading 200 watts at 8 Ohms and 350 watts at 4 ohms.

Question: Can I add the SVT 115E that runs at 8 ohms to that head without destroying the world? How will this effect volume? I want this set up to be fairly loud and really booming. volume is important since my band has been really using dynamics alot as of late. Adding the SCP-OCT octave pedal has been fun, but I still feel going with the additional 15 cab would help out more.

On cabs with multiple imputs do I need to use both or just one? Am I going to waste my cash with a new cab or can this be done with the Ampeg SVT350H?

2. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    If your current cab is 4 ohms you can't do it. Adding the 8 ohm 1x15 will drop you to approx 2.67 ohms which is lower than what the 350H can do safely. You'll make your amp overheat and shutdown.

If you are going to keep that setup, you might want to look into an Aphex Bass Xciter to give yourself a seemingly deeper, more powerful tone. This worked for me when I couldn't add more cabs to my setup but needed a bit more to really sit in the mix with the band.

3. Bza Triumphant

Bza Triumphant

Feb 17, 2006
    Thanks for the help. I didn't want to make a big purchase wihtout checking fist. I appreciate the help. Bza

4. Bza Triumphant

Bza Triumphant

Feb 17, 2006
    So how can I utilize the two imputs on the back of the 410hlf? Will plugging into one do the job? My amp is rated at 350W @ 4 ohms and the cab is 4ohms as well. Will plugging into just one of the jacks get it up to 350W or do I need to utilize both the outs from the amp and both the in on the cab? Thanks ~Bza

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Plug it into one.

Plugging into both could fry your amp.

6. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    You would have to trade your 410hlf in for the 8ohm version.